Miracle

You can hear them arguing downstairs. It scares you so much. You try to suppress your fast breathing. Everything is so loud. Your breaths, your movements, everything. Like they could hear your blinking. Your parents wouldn't break into an old woman's house without a reason. They don't know you're here. They don't know you're here. They don't know you're here.

"I feel weird Y/N" Camilo whispers "Something is happening with our miracle. I can feel it."

The door starts shaking and a bright light comes from the outside. Something happens to the candle. It's terrifying because neither of you knows what that could mean. The floor under your feet starts moving. Is the casita protecting itself?

The others should be awake by now. Are they safe? Did you bring them in danger?

The light of the candle fills up your room and it's blinding you. Then something happens. The light surrounds you. And only you, not Camilo. You feel so hot. Like you are burning on fire. Your ears are ringing and it feels like you are in a dream.

You feel so strong yet so weak at the same time. It ends and all the light goes out. You never felt so seen and exposed before. The light, the warmth; it took something from you.

"... Y/N?" Camilo reaches for you "Are you okay?"

"Yo I think your candle magic just... stole my- I think I lost my- Ugh I don't know! I feel weird" you whisper. It's still dark. Is Abuela all right? What about Antonio? He must be scared.

Camilo takes your hand and sneaks towards the door: "Let's go check on the others"

"mhm," you agree. But you're still scared. He carefully opens the door and lets you hide behind him. Someone taps you on the shoulder- Your heart jumped but it turns out to be Dolores. She carries Antonio on her arm. He fell asleep there.

"Sorry to scare you. I thought I would let you catch up with some news," she whispers.

"So you probably noticed how the floors were like moving and shaking? That was because this one man was so eager to enter our house. Then he tried to push Abuela out of the way. That made the candle act up. But our miracle was too damaged to... you know do something big and miracle-like."

Camilo looks scared as she says that: "Is Abuela okay?"

She continues: "Yes she is. So then after the candle ran out of energy it somehow got stronger? I don't know how but yeah that happened. Oh, and they uhm- the people that wanted to hurt you Y/N- They can't do that anymore..."

"Did this house just kill my parents?!"

"No no! god no! But unless you leave Encanto you won't see them again."

Isn't that good news? You feel weird.

And still, this feeling of being exposed won't leave. You hate this.

It's all dark and quiet.

"GUYS MY DOOR! IT'S GLOWING!!! DO I FINALLY GET A GIFT?!"

"Was that Mirabel?" Camilo asks.

Dolores looks at him: "Yes loud and clear. It hurt my ears."

You're confused so much is happening: "Camilo? I think your candle stole my gift and... because it then had an extra it gave it... to Mirabel?"