This isn't good news

You slept well but you get roughly woken up by Camilo shaking you awake. It's still pitch black outside.

"Dolores should talk to you. She- she said-" he is almost in tears "She is outside the room right now go talk to her. She wouldn't tell me about what but I am so worried and scared Y/N."

What is happening?! You are scared too. Dolores opens the door and pulls you outside.

She takes a deep breath before she starts talking: "Okay how do I do this? Uhm... Y/N did people uh follow you?" Oh my fucking god! "Dolores what do you know?! Are they here?! I don't know what to do!" you start crying "I'm not prepared to run away again! What about you? What about Camilo? Dolores help me!" your voice cracks under the tears that form in the corners of your eyes.

She hugs you: "I heard voices yelling your name in the forest around ten minutes ago. Do you need us to protect you? We will!"

"If it was ten minutes ago... does that mean-?" "I think so. They stopped yelling so I think they are inside the village" She looks terrified.

"I can't do this anymore. I'm tired," you say and start sobbing. Tired physically and mentally.

"CAMILO!" she leans on the door to listen "He's coming so uh you stay here with him. Don't run away! They are too close and we all can't handle seeing you... get hurt. Just hide and I'll wake up Alma. She knows how our miracle might protect you."

Camilo opens the door and nods at his sister. He hugs you even tighter than Dolores did: "You're safe here okay"

That doesn't take your fear at all but... he cares. Someone cares about you. And someone is willing to protect you. What a good feeling but it's getting harder to breathe and you can't stop crying. The fear is different this time. You curl up in Camilo's arms as you both sit down on the floor of his room.

Because you know they are angry. They were before but now it's solely because of you. What crazy person chases after their child like that just to probably beat it up again.

It feels like you get dizzy from all the stress: "Camilo I feel fucking sick." You want to disappear. Your feet want to move- to run away but your body feels so heavy.

It knocks on the door and you freeze on the spot. You are so goddamn scared!

Turns out it's Alma and behind her stands Dolores giving you a soft smile. Alma comes close to you: "You know my dear it will be okay" she continues: "The miracle protects us. Nothing will happen to us, to you or to anybody. And the casita... It knows what it has to do. Trust us, dear."

Hearing an old lady comfort you feels somehow safe. She has lived so much longer than you so it is easier to trust her words.

Dolores who Alma ordered not to come in, frantically opens the door and runs to the three of you: "Someone's at the door!"

"I will go." Alma gives her a stern look. She looked like she was ready to fight them.