Camilo let's talk

"You have to tell him Y/N!" Mirabel says in an angry tone. "I know but when?! and how?! I don't want to hurt him!" "Mirabel is right. And you have to tell him soon because I can't keep a secret this big! It's a surprise I haven't told anyone how you were sleeping outside that night!"

"Y/N you slept outside?! I thought you came to see us right after waking up or so!" tears started to form in Mirabel's eyes. "Both of you! if you tell anyone you're dead! understand me?"

"I'm sorry Y/N but we will tell him if you won't. Does not being able to stay have something to do with you know... your family?" Dolores says in a motherly tone.

No! No no no! Don't fucking cry now!

Your eyes fill with tears and the time they look at you expecting an answer feels eternal. Say something! Deny it or something! Open your damn mouth and speak!

Dolores looks at Mirabel and she nods. They lean over to you and give you a long hug. You can't hold back anymore and start sobbing. Between your fast breaths, you try to say: "I- I ran away fr- from home and I am scared. Rea- really fucking scared. I don't know wh- what to do or where t- to go!"

Followed by more crying and more sobs.

"It's going to be okay we promise. We will protect you." Mirabel says.

Knocking. And whoever it is was about to see three people hugging and crying.

"Mirabel did you see Y/- WTF?! What happened!?" Dolores turns around to glare at Camilo. He is unsure if he's allowed to be in the room right now. Can he hug Y/N too? He wants to, but he walked in on a very personal thing.

"Come here, Camilo." You mumble.

Poor confused Camilo approaches you and hugs you tightly. Dolores taps Mirabel's shoulder: "Let's leave these guys alone for a moment." They leave and on their way out you hear them say: "But it's my room! My book is still in there!" "Shut up Mirabel you can read later let's spy on them!"

Camilo looks at you: "Are you crying because of... me?" worry spreads across his face.

You shake your head. "Okay Camilo let's talk." You rub your tears away and straighten your back. "How do I say this... Uh okay let's just get this done: My parents wanted to kill me so I ran away from home and I didn't plan to stay here because they could find me but then I met you and now everything is complicated because the food here tastes good and your family is nice and I have a bed to sleep on and I fell in love with you." You didn't mean to say the last part but you're glad you used this sudden confidence for something good.

Camilo was at a loss of words. Understandable. "ISTG JUST SAY IT BACK!" Mirabel yells from outside.

Guess that surprised him and as the realization kicked in he blushed a little: "Did you just say you love me?"

You still have red and teary eyes but answer with a smirk: "Yes and I also said that I almost got killed. You seem to know your priorities stupid pretty boy."