Chapter 3-Finished

*This fanart by @shuegii on Instagram is adorable!! They're so cute in the Freddy shirt 🥰🥰

-3rd person pov-

Gregory re-opened his eyes to see a new man standing where Benedict was, this man looked fairly young, maybe 21-24? He had a relieved smile on his face, and seemed ecstatic.

"Sir? Who are you..where's Benedict?" Gregory wearily spoke, he couldn't take chances with this new person. The man smiled and explained to Gregory what an illusion disc was, leaving out the...dead part.

"So, you actually look like this? I can't believe you were caught in a fire and didn't die," Gregory said, he was interested in the situation now, Freddy had never mentioned 'illusion discs'.

"Haha, yeah. Pretty crazy." Benedict said, his voice was a lot different now, his personality too. He began acting more like a normal young-adult, rather than a very mature adult, as thought all tension inside him was gone. His voice was similar to before, except now it was a lot less hoarse, but still had that sweet and caring undertone to it.

"So, Bonnie should be ready for power on!" Benedict said with a joyous smile. Gregory felt accomplished, he may not have been the one to do most of the work but he did help some, and that was enough.

Gregory noticed Benedict was staring at him -- for an awful long time. The latter furrowed his eyebrows at Gregory for a moment, then asked a very...strange question.

"Um, Gregory? Are you, like, a-uh, robot? By any chance?" Benedict looked unsure of his question, while Gregory looked at him like he was insane.

"What kind of question is that?! Of course I'm not." Gregory stated. Benedict awkwardly chuckled and clumsily interlocked his fingers.

"Never mind that question. You just really remind me of...someone. We'll leave it at that." Benedict looked upset after saying those last words, but Gregory chose not too ask. He didn't want to intrude on Benedict's business.

"Let's power him on now," Benedict spoke, back to his naturally comforting self. He pressed a button on the nape of Bonnie's neck, and Bonnie powered on. His torso sat up on the table, and his head turned to Benedict.

Bonnie began scanning him, and Benedict visibly tensed up, as if remembering something. Bonnie finished his scan and Benedict put a hand to his temples, rubbing them slightly.

"Hello Michael! I haven't seen you in quite some time!" Bonnie exclaimed. Gregory was dumbfounded and confused, Benedict gave Bonnie a glare and muttered something like,

"Damnit, why'd he have to install facial recognition for all of us..." Bonnie looked guilty before suddenly noticing Gregory in the room. He immediately scanned him, getting confused when he couldn't find Gregory in his system.

"Michael, who's this child?" Bonnie asked Benedict/Michael.
"He told me he's a friend of Freddy's. He's the one who found you and put you back together again." He answered with a smile. Bonnie's eyebrow furrowed for a moment, then looked back at Benedict/Michael.

"You were destroyed and put out of commission, Bonnie. It's been quite a few years since then. Monty took your place as the bass player." He responded.

Gregory had even more questions than he did originally.
Is the man's name Benedict or Michael? And how did Bonnie know him? Why did 'Michael' know so much about what happened to Bonnie? What is going on..?

The silence became unbearable, and Gregory was too curious and confused to not speak.

"Guys? What's happening..you two aren't making sense." Gregory said, interrupting the silence between the 3. Bonnie decided to hopefully break the tension in the room with his usual happy, chipper mood.

"Mike's father is the one who built me! Well, kind of. I'm pretty sure he built a bunch of chips and made blueprints before he vanished, and then someone else came along and built all of us using those things, I'm not sure who, though. The chips had recognition for all of his kids installed, that's why I could recognize Michael."
He explained, leaving out many details (according to Gregory's mind).

Bonnie was very--energetic, compared to other animatronics. He reminded Gregory a lot of Chica.

"Anyway, why did you want to repair Bonnie, Gregory?" Michael asked, most likely trying to get the conversation away from focusing on him. Gregory thought for a moment. Was there really a reason besides curiosity for repairing the decommissioned animatronic? There was no harm in telling them that was the reason, so Gregory went ahead and told Michael and Bonnie just that.

"Hm, that makes sense. But I'm glad you visited my stage and found my memory chip, now I can visit everyone!" Bonnie exclaimed. Just then, clanking was heard from above. Gregory looked up and noticed vents in the room, so did Mike.

"I've gotta go. If you ever want to visit me, I stay in the basement. It's a small room, you can only enter it by a hatch in the wall. Now, try to manage ok without me, alright?" Michael grinned in a semi-cocky way, before exiting the room and leaving Gregory alone with Bonnie.

"So uh..were you a performer at the same time the others were?" Gregory asked, trying to make conversation in the silence he found awkward. Bonnie looked at him, not completely understanding his wording but still answering,

"Well, sometimes I'd be on the main stage with Roxy, Chica, and Freddy, but we'd only have one big performance every few hours, I usually was on my singular stage down in the bowling alley." Bonnie responded, hoping to have answered Gregory's question.

Gregory was satisfied with the answer, and was about to ask another but suddenly his fazwatch beeped multiple times, Freddy was calling him.

"Gregory, where are you? Roxanne and Chica have been looking for you for almost an hour, and Roxy hasn't been able to see you even with her vision ability." Freddy semi-shouted, sounding worried with a hint of anger.

"I was just exploring the underground section again, and I found something I want to show you! I'll bring it to the stage, okay?" Gregory responded, secretly hoping Freddy wouldn't be too upset at him.

"Ok, be careful down there superstar." Freddy responded, sounding relieved. They then hung up, and Bonnie looked extremely excited; probably to know Freddy, Roxy, and Chica were still relevant to the pizzaplex.

"Alright Bonnie, you can walk, right?" Gregory asked. Bonnie hoisted himself off of the table and put his mechanical feet on the floor, then began trying to walk. Bonnie was able to get the hang of it just fine, so he and Gregory headed to the platform, and with a deep breath, began going up.