Chapter 4-Old Friends

*Ah! I just love Gregory fanart 🥰amazing art by @junbee_art on Instagram!

-3rd person pov-

Bonnie and Gregory came up to the first level of the pizzaplex.
"We're going to wait here, Freddy's coming to us," Gregory said, looking at his fazwatch. Gregory took a breath in, as he was about to speak again, but was interrupted by a high pitched screech.

He looked over in the direction it came from. And there was Chica, her eyes looked teary and her voice broke a bit as she said,
"Bonnie..?" Bonnie, who was already looking at her, ran to her direction, and hugged her torso. Chica was sobbing and Bonnie was tearing up too, they were both very close before he went out of commission, like brother and sister.

Roxanne was with Chica, but hadn't spoken or moved in the time they saw Bonnie. She was in disbelief, like this was some kind of dream she wouldn't be able to get over. Roxanne and Bonnie were never the closest, but they were still friends. And Roxy wanted Chica to be happy, so you can only imagine how much the wolf wanted Bonnie to make a re-appearance.

"Are you really here? Is this some sick prank." Roxy said, snarling towards the end. After losing her confidence, she became even more snarky, if that was possible.

Bonnie only responded with a large smile at first, before finding his voice.

"Roxanne dear! It's been awhile, hasn't it? How have you been?" Bonnie asked, while walking over towards Roxy. When he was close enough to whisper, he asked,

"You've been accompanying Chica this past while, right?" He said, with the type of tone suggesting he wouldn't be happy with her if the answer had been no, but luckily—much to Bonnie's appreciation—Roxanne whispered back,

"Of course, the hell do you take me for? A monster? I couldn't leave her alone when she had just lost her best friend." Bonnie looked her in the eyes, and silently thanked her, causing Roxanne to feel soft hearted for a moment.

Something about Bonnie's facial expressions, made everyone feel safe and comfortable, even if he wasn't particularly happy at the moment. Ironic though, seeing as he's almost the most aggressive out of the group.

The four heard metal clanking—running— coming from the distance in front of them, a sound Gregory had heard one too many times before.

"Gregory, you're safe, aren't you? You shouldn't play around too much down in the basement, you could get hurt," Freddy began saying, even though he wasn't quite close to the group yet.

Freddy arrived at the stage area, with his eyes still locked on Gregory. Bonnie chuckled at this, Freddy had never been very observant, had he?

The bear looked at the entity responsible for the laughter, and immediately stopped in his tracks upon seeing his old 'friend', Glamrock Bonnie.

The bunny couldn't contain it, and had the largest smile on his face. His metal heart felt like it was beating so fast he might break again, and he thought his wires may be jumbled up, his stomach felt off—Bonnie couldn't explain it well, but it felt like he was anxious or nervous.

Freddy stood tall, still standing in disbelief, marveling at the newly repaired animatronic rabbit in front of him. Gregory, Roxanne, and Chica were awkwardly watching the two stare at each other, not saying a word.

"Wow. Don't get too excited." Roxy said sarcastically. She'd watched Bonnie and Freddy grow their feelings for each other, you can't really blame her for getting annoyed at their inability to express their surprise at seeing each other again.

Freddy snapped out of it at those words, causing his vessel to become its normal temperature instead of the cold it was a few moments ago.

Freddy ran up to Bonnie and tightened around him in a hug that would most likely kill a human being, but to him it was happiness. By now, the rabbit was being lifted off the ground with his hands keeping him steady on Freddy's shoulder plates.

Both were the happiest they'd been in awhile—well, mainly Freddy since Bonnie...anyway—The rest left the two alone; in hopes something 'special' may happen, and decided maybe they'd look around for wherever Monty is.

Bonnie and Freddy were pressed against each other for a long time, neither wanted to leave the other's embrace. Bonnie was friends with everyone—as was Freddy—but something always felt different between them two, they had a sort of connection unlike theirs with Roxy or Chica, even Monty. When ever either of them were upset--or just needed someone to talk to--the other would be their first option; first and foremost always.

Chica and Roxanne referred to them as platonic soulmates before their A.I's were improved and their emotions spanned even farther and the animatronics knew more than only a few emotions.

They could then feel embarrassment, frustration, agony, love, heartbreak, the list goes on. It wasn't really until then Freddy began to feel anxious around Bonnie, he always thought he might say the wrong words or make a total fool of himself. He did, indeed, make a fool of himself. Many times.

But Bonnie loved it, it made him laugh seeing Freddy nervous and stumble over words.

After a few minutes of holding each other, Freddy held Bonnie by the waist with Bonnie's hands around his shoulders, them now looking each other in the eye. Their face plates were so close, they admired one another's beauty before Bonnie's smiled again, and dug his face into Freddy's shoulder.

They didn't want to rush anything, and the presence of the other was enough for each animatronic anyway.