Chapter 18

(I do not own the images to these stories.)
*********************************************
"It-it's nice to meet you, Doctor Black. My-my name's Amanda." She stuttered, as she struggled to talk to him. He practically left her speechless. She could feel her body start to heat up, as she could tell that she was blushing. How embarrassing, hopefully he wouldn't notice. The most beautiful man she had ever seen in her entire life was standing right in front of her, and she knew she likely looked like shit.

He just looked at her and gave her a smile that would make angels weep. "Well Amanda, it's nice to meet you. As I said before, my name is Doctor Black, Doctor Leo Black. Actually, this technically isn't the first time we ever met. It's just the first time we've spoken. I guess you could say that I have been watching over you for a while. I had to make sure that you would be alright. After all, it is my job."

Oh my god!  He's a regular angel of mercy! Did it hurt when you fell from heaven? Oh! Real original dumbass! That may be one of the oldest and lamest pick-up lines in history. Why not just ask him if he's covered in glass cleaner, since I can see myself in his pants?  I'm just glad that he can't hear what I am thinking.

Feeling embarrassed by her own thoughts, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and gave him a shy smile. "Well thank you for taking care of me. I just wish we had met under better circumstances."

The second coming of Adonis himself then chuckled a bit. "Perhaps soon, we will meet again under better circumstances."

Amanda's heart skipped a beat over the very thought of being able to see him again, especially with her hair clean and wearing at least some makeup. There was something mesmerizing about him. It was more than his beautiful, almost god-like face; it was almost as if she could see the beauty in his soul.

"I hope so." She replied.

He then removed the stethoscope that had been around his neck, and placed the ear plugs in his ears. "I hope you don't mind, but I need to take your vitals."

"Not at all." Amanda told him. "After all, it is your job."

He placed the ice-cold disk against her skin, just above her heart. But instead of feeling cold, his touch made her body feel heat. His hands were strong, and warm. And the fact that his hand was so close to her breast, only made her body heat more intense. Amanda wondered if the impact that he had on her would give him false readings.

"Take a deep breath for me please." His soft husky voice gingerly commanded. She complied and he moved the disk to her back. Again, the cold disk was no match for the heat she felt as he placed his hand upon her. She took another deep breath, and he repeated listening to her deep breathing a couple of more times.

The doctor then looked at her and smiled. "Good, your heart sounds strong and your lungs sound clear. Now let's get your blood pressure."

He grabbed the blood pressure cuff that had been attached to the hospital bed. It made a shrill, irritating sound as he separated the Velcro to open it up more. Normally, Amanda hated getting her blood pressure taken. The cuff as it squeezed her arm was usually so uncomfortable. But since it gave him an excuse to hold her arm, she really didn't seem to mind it at all this time.

"Well, so how's my blood pressure." She asked.

"Perfect, one-twenty over eighty." He replied with a smile. "You're absolutely perfect."

"Thank you." Amanda said, as she could once again feel herself begin to blush.

"Well, I would love to stay and chat." He said. "But I must continue my rounds. Until our paths are meant to cross again."