Chapter 34

(I do not own the images to these stories.)
********************************
Amanda watched as Maashes made his way over to a treasure chest. He was smiling, seemingly pleased with himself for telling her the truth. All she could do to keep herself calm, was to breathe heavily through her nose. She didn't know what else to do as she was seething in both fear and anger. "Where are we?"

Maashes back was to her as he opened the treasure chest. While he looked inside, not even facing her, he answered her questions. "We are in my private chamber, one of many rooms built inside of the pyramid erected to honor my father."

Amanda couldn't believe it. "We're in Egypt? Inside the pyramid?"

"Correct, my dear." He said while searching for something in the treasure chest.

"How long was I out?" she asked. "I can't believe you were able to take me halfway around the world, while I stayed unconscious the whole time. When did we even get here?"

He seemed uninterested in her question as he kept rummaging around for whatever the hell it was that he was looking for. "Ah, here it is!"

While he pulled it out, he quickly turned around as the proudest grin spread upon his face. At that moment she realized that he was holding an Egyptian style crown. It reminded her of something that Cleopatra might wear. The headpiece had a ruby in the center of a golden star that was surrounded by three golden moons. While golden trendles hung from the sides.

Maashes smile grew even wider as he placed the crown on her head

Maashes smile grew even wider as he placed the crown on her head. But he wasn't even looking at her, instead he was focused on the ornate piece of jewelry that now adorned her. "Perfect! But then again, so are you. A perfect fit for a perfect beauty. This crown is much more fitting than the one that Apep had given to you. You deserve a crown that signifies that you are the queen of a real god, not a reject that was once my father's umbilical cord."

He then looked into her eyes, and gently cupped her cheek. "And to answer your question, I am a god after all. I can do anything, even transferring an unconscious woman halfway around the world without waking her up."

She wanted to rip the damn thing off of her head and smack the smug expression right off his face. But in truth, she was too afraid. Though she tried to seem as brave as possible and glared at him in defiance. "Yes, well I'm very happy for you." Her response was sharp and sarcastic, while she froze in fear; wondering how he would react.

But instead of becoming angry, he started to laugh. "Spirited as you are enchanting. You are an enigma wrapped in a riddle. On the one hand a kindhearted soul who would show generosity to anyone who needs it, while preforming selfless acts without wanting any sort of compensation for it. On the other hand, you will do whatever is necessary to care for and protect those that you love. And you have no qualms about verbally expressing your anger towards injustice or speaking your mind of what is truly in your heart. You would never hurt another's feelings, but you will not let others mistreat you either."