Chapter 23

(I do not own the images to these stories.)
************************************
Robert just sat there in the holding cell, as the judge's words still rang in his ears. "held without bail," That meant that he was to be moved to a prison until the grand jury hearing, and then the trial. As he looked around the prison cell, he had never felt so alone. The dank and dingy walls were surrounded by the cold bars that inhibited his freedom. He was trapped like an animal, and completely cut off from the world.

Robert couldn't believe how this all could have happened. Who were the students who had accused him? Was Karen involved, the board of trustees, or even the judge and the DA? Even people accused of murder are often times issued bail. So why not him? There was some sort of conspiracy against him. But he needed to be able to prove it, before—

"Addington!" The prison guard proclaimed. "You have a visitor!"

Robert looked up at the guard, as he was extremely confused. A visitor? I wasn't expecting anyone. "Who's here, my lawyer?"

"No." A voice said as he came into the room. Robert watched as his brother made his way up towards the cell.

Relieved to see a familiar face, Robert leaped towards the prison bars; eager to see him. "James!"

But James's face held little to no emotion and just shook his head. "You son of a bitch!"

Robert couldn't believe what he was hearing. His jaw dropped in disbelief, as angry tears came to his eyes. "I'm glad to see you too, brother! May I remind you that we have the same mother! What the hell is going on! I thought you came down here to support me! But instead you use our own mother to insult me!"

"You know what I mean!" James exclaimed. His brother's eyes were burning in rage, as Robert could see a vein pulsating in James's temple.

"No I don't know what you mean?" Robert told him.

"How could you?" James asked. "Those girls are my daughter's best friends, and you watched them grow up together. They are all the same age as Mandy, your own niece. And you not only took advantage of the fact that my daughter was almost killed in an automobile accident, just so you could get close to them. But you also tried to sexually manipulate six teenage girls. Did you ever try to seduce Mandy?"

Robert was stunned. "No! How could you even think that? I never tried anything with Mandy, and I sure as hell didn't try anything with any of her friends. I am not a pedophile! Where did you even hear about any of this? I wasn't even informed yet about who the accusers were."

"Esther ran into Karen Crenshaw at the store." James replied. "She told Ester everything. The two of them stopped by my office with the affidavit. If Ester hadn't insisted on me looking at it, I would have thrown Karen right out of my office."

"Karen is lying." Robert insisted. "You have to believe me."

"I want to believe you." James answered. "But the evidence is too overwhelming."

"Listen to me, James." Robert demanded. "Karen and Mark Jacobson are behind this, and somehow they have gotten the judge and the DA involved."

James's face remained stoic. "Robert, you sound either paranoid or delusional. And the sad part is, that I wish you were either. If lying about others conspiring against you doesn't convince me, it sure as hell isn't going to convince a jury."

"Fine." Robert angrily cried. "Don't believe me. But if you truly love your daughter, you will keep her away from Mark Jacobson."

"Don't tell me how to be a loving parent! The only person I want to keep away from my daughter is you!" James growled. "So help me Robert, brother or not, if you ever lay a hand on Amanda; I will kill you. Goodbye, brother."

Before Robert even had the chance to respond, James had turned his back on him. As he watched him walk away, Robert desperately called out to him. "James! For goodness sakes! Keep Mark away from Amanda!"

Shit! Robert thought. Come hell or high water, I've got to get out of here! Before it's too late!

++++++++++++++++++++++++

As Amanda was reading aloud from the chapter that Mark had given to her, he leaned over her shoulder. She could feel the heat from his body, as she smelled the intoxicating fragrance of his cologne. He was there to help her study, but he was making it difficult for her to concentrate on what she was reading.

"Is everything okay?" he asked.

"Um, sure." She replied. "Um, why, why do you ask?"

"Because you stopped reading." He answered.

She could feel her own face turning red, as she tucked a small strand of hair behind her ear. Feeling embarrassed, she chuckled her response. "Oh, I'm sorry. It got a little warm in here all of a sudden, and my mind started to wander; I guess." She didn't want to tell him the truth, she didn't want to tell him that his sexual raw energy was emanating off of his body. She didn't want to tell him that was what was actually distracting her.

"Well, maybe we should take a break." He said. "You have been working hard all afternoon. I think we both have. We've both earned a break."

"That's sounds good to me." She told him, as she closed her book.

"So how are you feeling, Amanda?" he asked. His smile was beautiful, and it made her heart melt.

"Oh okay, for the most part." She replied. "It's so weird not being in school right now, but my parents thought that I should recoup a little bit at home for a while. But it is my senior year, after all. Plus I miss all my friends."

"Well, your parents told me that it was just until the end of the semester." He added. "You'll see, the time will just fly by. Then you'll wish you were back at home."

"I guess." She nervously chuckled. "Um, Mr. Jacobson—"

He soon interrupted her before she could finish the question. "No one's around, and we are not at school. You can call me, Mark."

"Mark, right." She said. "Why are you no longer teaching at Winworth Academy?"

Mark just looked at her and sighed. "Let's just say that the board of trustees made a lot of changes, and cutbacks after your uncle resigned. Unfortunately for me, my job was one of the cutbacks. Karen was the only board member who stuck up for me, but the others decided to give me the axe."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Amanda replied. "That must have been devastating."

"Well, let's look at it this way." He said. He then leaned into her and whispered in her ear. "At least we finally get to be alone."

Amanda's body began to quiver as she felt his hot breath against her skin. Her sexual core began to heat up as her body began to ache for him. Was he doing this on purpose? Did he know what he was doing to her?

"Um, Mr. Jacobson." She gasped.

"Call me, Mark." He groaned.

Amanda felt as though she was about to lose all of her inhibitions. Whether he meant to do it or not, she was about to give into her desires. Just as she was about to passionately press her lips to his, the doorbell rang. It was the bucket of cold water that she needed as she immediately shot up out of her chair, before she had done something that she would have likely regretted. "Excuse me, Mark. I'll go get that."

As she walked towards the door, she did her best to cool herself down. What's the matter with me? I almost forced myself on my teacher. I need to get a hold of my hormones.

Amanda closed her eyes. And just like before, when she had answered the door for Mark, she took a deep breath. But as she answered the door, she was in for quite the surprise. If she was trying to get a hold of her own sexual urges, then this was the last person she wanted to see.

"Dr. Black!" she exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

He just looked at her, and smiled. "I was in the neighborhood. And I just thought I'd stop in and say, 'Hi.'"

******************************************************