Chapter 1: New House, New People

One hour before dawn, your family was awake to pack up the remaining items from the apartment. It's sad to leave this place where you grew up. All of your childhood, teenage years up to your recent high school graduation: class of 1983. This apartment has seen it all. Your parents have dreamed about growing a peach farm. They have raised enough money to finally buy this home in a rural area far away. The drive there will approximately take 5 hours. You pack up your essentials in your bag and sat in the car.

You sat near the window as your siblings sat next to you. Epiphany is younger than you and she is listening to her music. Micah sat on the other side of the window and he is upset about leaving as well. He is well-liked by everyone in school. Lastly, little Toby was laying down on everyone's lap since this was a five-seater car. You took one last glance at the apartment as the car sped off. You put your headphones on and began to vibe with the foggy weather outside.

Two hours has passed and it was time to eat breakfast. Your family pulled up to the nearest diner. You entered and the smell of pancakes and french fries filled the air. Your family took a table near the window. Everyone including you or do you do whatever was on the menu. You ordered your favorite dish and favorite drink. You were quite full at the end as well as the rest of your family. Everyone got back into their uncomfortable position in the car and drove with no stops. Luckily everyone did their business at the diner. The fog cleared as your family approaches the new home.

At 10:57 a.m. your look out the window to see a sign that says "Andy's Apple Farm this Way!!🍎➡️" There was a gravel pathway that was surrounded by large apple trees.

"Hmm let's pay our new neighbors a visit to introduce ourselves." Commented your dad.

Everyone agreed as they approach the new home.

"Here we are! This is our new home!" Chimed your mom.

You and your Siblings ran inside the house. You guys were fighting over who gets which room. However, your mom resolves this by saying: "(Y/N) and Epiphany will share a room while Micah and Toby will share the other."

You didn't mind sharing your room with your sister but the boys made a fuss about it. This all changed once they entered their room. They were amazed at how large the room was. You and Epiphany opened the door to your shared bedroom. This room was spacious. The beds were across from each other and in between was a large area of open space.

"FINALLY I CAN DANCE WITHOUT HAVING AN ANNOYING AUDIENCE!!" Yelled your sister.

She is a good dancer but she doesn't like to be watched. There were two desks for you and her. The bathroom was attached to the bedroom where it was brightly lit and very clean. It has a shower chamber and a bathtub that can fit a person.
Everyone became hungry again, so your mom made some sandwiches while baking an apple pie and cinnamon rolls.

After the quick lunch, everyone got ready to go to Andy's Apple Farm. You put in a baggie band T-shirt with worn-off jeans and an oversized cardigan. You wore them de coffee-stained sneakers that you customized yourself. You were done until you saw Epiphany was wearing a white lace dress with some black flats and a flowery headband with posies. Her lipstick was a bright red that matched the color of the wallpaper on her side of the room. You've always admired her good looks and confidence. You were teased about your looks which made you very self-conscious about your figure. You were seen as a tomboy but you had the desire to be cute once in a while.

"So...do you think we'll see any cute guys or girls?"

"It's possible but we are in the middle of nowhere so I will keep your expectations low, Ep."

"C'mon!! You are 18 years old and still haven't kissed anyone!!" she exclaimed. "But I won't pressure you to start the journey immediately. I want you to be happy."