Chapter 6: Deal or No Deal?

Saturday at 8:00 a.m.

You woke up to your mom's breakfast. You could hear Epiphany washing her hands in the bathroom and opening the door.

"Mm, good morning Ep. How'd you sleep last night?" You greeted her.

"Oh, I slept soundly, and you?"

"Kinda. Not really."

"Hey uh is everything okay? It's just now that I and the boys go to school now and you're home all the time, don't you feel lonely?"

"No, not at all. I've been-" You paused as you remembered what Melody told you. To not tell them anything about Peter.

"What was that, (Y/N)?"

"Uh, nothing. It was nothing." You said getting up from bed.

"(Y/N)! You can tell me anything! I'm your sister!"

"Ep, I promise you that I'm okay."

"Well, why won't you tell me?"

"Look I forgot what I was going to say." You told her a good enough excuse for her to stop talking.

"Hmmm." He hummed, still suspicious of your weird behavior.

You go in the bathroom and brush your teeth. You then headed downstairs with Epiphany to eat breakfast. Your mom made iced tea and some omelets and some crepes. Right, when everyone was about to eat your mom made an announcement.

"Good Morning kids! Eat up because we will be busy working on the farm today!" As your mother announces this, your siblings groan in laziness. "Tsk tsk! It's the weekend and we should all work as a team."

"Can I do the planting?" Epiphany eagerly volunteered.

"Of course Epiphany! All the tools are in the shed." Replied your mom.

"Mom I was going to practice soccer." Complained Micah.

"You can do that later. You will pick out the weeds!" She commanded. "And my little Tobias, you will add the fertilizer to the new plants. I will help you of course!"

Toby did not seem amused by this and looked away.

"What about me, ma?"

"Oh, yeah about you. You are going to clean the house for today!"

"ALL OF IT??" You yelped.

"Well, not all of it. You are going to sweep, mop, wash the dishes, scrub you and your brother's bathrooms and put all the clothes in the washing machine." Responded to your mom. "After you are done, you are a free bird."

You like the sound of that so you agreed with your mom. You are looking forward to seeing Peter again. After you finished eating, you began to wash the pile of dishes. Meanwhile, your siblings got dressed to go outside and plant the peach trees. After washing the dishes and drying them, you went to each room and organized the clothes to be taken to the wash, starting with your parent's clothes. You went to the laundry room and put those clothes to wash for 30 minutes. You grabbed your walkman and plugged in your headphones. (I'll list some songs here, lol)