Gas Station

I stumbled down the road towards the gas station on the corner. It was the dark of night much too late for a 17 year old to be wandering down the street alone. But my so called father didn't seem to think so. He sent me out to get a gallon of milk even though we didn't even need milk. Lyra told me to run and never look back while I had the chance, but I couldn't do that, leave her and mom. I keep saying we should tell somebody but they're scared. Scared that'll people won't believe us. Cause that son of a bitch is one good actor. 

        The bell jingled as I opened the door. A man in a tan jacket looked up from his book. It wasn't the usual old Chinese man. 

        "Can I help you?" he asked surprised. He probably wasn't expecting anyone to come in much less a teenager. I cracked my neck as I kept walking. I grabbed the milk and slowly walked to the register. I was in no hurry to get back home.

        "This it?" the man asked. I gave a lame excuse for a nod and fumbled the change out of my pocket. 

        "Five dollars and forty four cents." I struggled to count out the money. My hands were shaking real bad and I kept cracking my neck. 

        "Do you need help?" The man asked softly.

        "I-i g-got it." I hissed. I didn't need his help.  My whole arm was shaking by this point causing me to knock over half of the change.

        "Sh-shit!" I yelled rushing to get the dropped change. I banged my head on the counter edge in the rush. But it was a mere nuisance. 

        "Uhhh your head's bleeding pretty bad." 

        "Its f-fine." I stuttered wiping my sleeve over my forehead leaving my sleeve covered in blood. I shakily started to count the money again. 4.68 almost there. His douche of a father liked to torture him like this. Always giving him handfuls of dimes and nickels to pay with.

        The man started shuffeling around in a drawer. 5.17 so close. 

        "I have some band aids and neosporin to clean you up. Do you want a pain killer?" I almost laughed at the thought. A painkiller. 

        "He-here." I pushed the change towards him and started wlking to the door carrying the milk carton.

        "Wait! Let me uh help you, before you leave."

        "I do-don't need he-" A drip of blood blurred my vision. I sighed in defeat and walked over to the taller man, "F-fine."

a/n: i like writing these! i have one more idea at least i did but i kinda forgot..........