Slang Project for School

Hey! My first post back from my break. So as you can tell this is a project I did for school. We had to use slang and idioms ad all that good stuff so there is some cringy stuff in here, but also (hopefully) lots of laughter. Don't say I didn't warn you.

-----

    It was raining cats and dogs in Northwich. The harsh weather kept many of the citizens inside. Most homes were filled with laughing friends and lots of coke (diet coke that is), but inside of an old house on Emswood St., there was a single youngin.

Maggie didn't really want to clean her grandma's attic, but she had nothing better to do on a Saturday evening. Wow her social life was depressing. The attic was insanely dusty and it needed a lot of work done. There was lots of knick knacks and boxes stuffed into the attic. Every nook and cranny had a new mystery to be revealed. Maggie browsed through a chest of old clothes. She was disgusted by all the girly and frilly dresses her grandmother owned. Her grandma could only be described with one word: drama queen. Maggie prefered black and only black. She was a self-proclaimed emo.

"Bruh, I'm weak. These clothes are so cringy," she said to no one. Maggie moved aside yet another pink dress and saw a white material. She pulled out what she assumed was a white gown. Maybe it's grandma's wedding dress from her fourth marriage. She thought. (Her grandmother had been married a total of six times. Each marriage had ended with a brutal murder, but that is a story for another day.) The white sheet began to rise out of Maggie's hands. It fell away and revealed a young, transparent boy, who seemed to be dressed for an 80s themed party. Maggie screamed.

"Okay first of all sweetheart I cannot believe you are screaming at me.I just woke up from a thirty year slumber. I am not going to look like my usual flawless self. You aren't that cute either. Those shoes with that top? Gag me with a spoon! Secondly who taught you manners? You shouldn't wake someone from their naps," he snapped. He had no patience for the reckless teenagers these days. Maggie looked down at her zebra print, limited edition Doc Martins and her My Chemical Romance tee shirt. She was dressed to kill. This ghost had no idea what fashion was.

"Boi, you are barking up the wrong tree. I am not to be messed with. These," Maggie pointed to her shoes, "are limited edition and this shirt is from the Hot Topic at the mall. So zip your lips!" she yelled. Maggie was known for being hot-headed. She made rash and irresponsible decisions when she was angry, especially when it came to her favorite band of all time, MCR. This boy was just so rude for absolutely no reason.

"Take a chill pill dude. I take it back that shirt is totally tubular. Psych! I don't even know what a Hot Topic is. I do all my shopping at Mervyns so you can call me a fashion god. Let me help fix your outfit," he laughed. He floated away to a dark corner of the attic. Maggie considered running out of the room, maybe even out of the house completely, but she had to protect her grandma's house. She was no coward. Maggie had dealt with snobby bullies constantly when she was younger. This ghost was no different. The corner where the boy had disappeared to was eerily quiet. Where did he go? She heard a giggling from behind her and she quickly did a 180. He must have snuck around while she was focusing on regaining her wits.

"What are you doing?" She asked him. He was floating in front of her now with a bucket of bright yellow paint in his hand. "You wouldn't da-" But she was too late. Her priceless shirt was now destroyed in the cruelest way possible.

"Oops. My bad," he said, voice dripping with sarcasm. Her jaw dropped. "Oh, don't cry over spilt milk. It's just a shirt," He rolled his eyes.

"You are a salty, insufferable piece of trash. Ghosts are supposed to haunt you or be friendly. You can't be rude. It doesn't work like that. You're a terrible ghost. Get out of my grandma's house right now!" Maggie stomped her foot down and pointed to the ladder leading to the ghost-less second floor.

"All you had to do was ask," he packed up his few possessions and left.

"Well that was a piece of cake," Maggie said once she was alone.