Back In Black

A/n. Pleas read.

  This chapter is slightly confusing, so basically the Italic  is what Nala Se was telling Delta earlier and the regular print is the present.

I hope that sums it up!

I cross my arms across my chest uncomfortably, watching the clones come and go from the armory.

There is a small armory on Kamino where Clones come to get their armor after they finish training.

"Omega is in Danger."

I scratch the back of my neck as Nala Se's words echo in my mind.

"You must go get fitted for armor. Kamino isn't safe anymore."

"Hello." I walk up to a female Kamoan, who is neatly folding blacks in the corner of the armory. She glances down at me, a curious look in her eyes.
"Nala Se sent me."

"Admiral Tarkin wishes to terminate all clones. He will be after Omega."

"Ah, yes," the armorer said, smoothing our her shirt.  "I was told you would come.  I have some blacks that have to be tailored but then we can move on to your armor."
I nod submissively as she leads me to a case full of neatly folded blacks.  She gently hands me a pile.

"Go put these on. I will retrieve pins so I can fit them to you."

I move to the small stall in the corner of the armory: four thin walls, barely concealing my form from view.  I quickly slip the smooth black fabric onto my body.  They don't fit particularly well: they are much too large in the shoulders, arms, and are too long in the legs.

"Until you can leave Kamino, Omega is in constant danger."

I sigh, resting my head on the door of the changing room.

I shouldn't be stressing out.  I'm a bounty hunter.  An assassin.  I have taken much more difficult jobs then this.  A protection detail.

But now, it's not just my life at stake.  It's Omega.  The smiling, happy girl who is positive in the worst situations.  Who hums to herself as she gets dressed.  Who diligently waits for her brothers to return from a mission.

  This isn't Fennec, who I know can defend for herself.

  "I promise, mistress Nala.  She will be safe with me."

Safe.

Safe.

                                         ****

I stride down the hallway, receiving suspicious glances from the near-by clones.  It must be strange, seeing a woman in their armor.  I am glad to have a helmet to cover my face.

The armor is different then what I am used too.  It's heavier but seems to adapt to my movements well. The helmet is what is going to take the most time to get familiar with.
Unlike the helmets that Fennec and I usually wore, it's frame seems less streamlined.  It is, however, more heavy-duty, and could take substantial pounding.  I am most excited about the sniping reader that I can pull down over my right eye to see heat signatures.

I turn right into a corridor to Nala Se's agreed rendezvous but stop in my tracks.

Marching down the hallway towards me is Admiral Tarkin.  He has eight shock troopers marching behind him, each carrying a blaster.

I try to move to the side without raising suspicion but Tarkin's eyes land on me.

He stops, and his companions halt behind them.  I calculate if I can take them all but the chances are unlikely without a blaster.