The Warning

Hello! I'm so sorry it has taken me this long to update! My life has been terrible. Well, if you are still here, thank you for staying this long. I appreciate it.

ALSO HOLY KRIFFING SHIT, 10K READS!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳In honor of this AMAZING occasion, we have a bit of Delta fan art at the end of the chapter. Enjoy. :)

Also TW: *Stuttering* R-Rex. A bit of PTSD? Omega being ADORABLE, also, did I I mention sexy Rexy? I Did? Okay good, you deserve a fair warning.

Review:

  "Rex!" Wrecker exclaims excitedly, moving forward. The clone, Rex, seems to brace himself before Wrecker consumes him in a bone crushing hug, holding him up in the air, laughing.

  "It's good to see you too, Wrecker." Rex manages to speak, patting his shoulder with his hand.

  Wrecker puts the clone trooper down, and he brushes off his poncho, glancing at Omega and I.

  "You must be the girls."

End of review.

I place a hand on Omega's shoulder, watching the captain, Rex, wearily. He holds out a gloved hand, and I step up, taking his hand in mine.

"The name's Rex." He says, giving my fingers a gentle squeeze. I nod.

"I'm Delta."

My hand instinctively comes to rest on my rifle as he kneels in front of Omega, his liquid brown eyes taking in the details of her face. It's almost startling-- His eyes are the same as hers'. At least, their hue is. His have a sort of undertone of pain, as though he has already been through more than his share of of the world.

"I have met a fair share of clones in my lifetime," he says. "But never one like you."

Omega steps forward, and my hand falls from it's place on her shoulder. She shortens the gap between herself and the captain, her hazel eyes wide with curiosity. Rex seems to be a bit taken aback at their close proximity, glancing up at me uncertainly.

"You're a generation one." She concludes, tilting her head and giving him a smile. He grins at her, surprise written across his features.

"Now how did you know that?" He asks, a hand rising to rest on his knee, his poncho swaying with the movement.

"From the lines on your face," She says sweetly, raising a hand to her own face. I let out a quiet laugh, covering my mouth with my hand.

My eyes raise to meet Hunter's as Rex laughs, and he smiles at me. My face flushes, and my eyes return to the two blonde clones standing before me, silently wondering if he noticed how swiftly I averted my gaze.

"Well," The clone captain says, "You could say I've been around."

"You could say that again!" Wrecker shouts, even though we are all merely feet away from each other. Omega nods enthusiastically with him, smiling.
   I stride past Rex, plopping down in the seat next to Tech. He slides over a drink, barely looking at me. I raise the glass to my lips, draining the cup. The liquid feels warm going down my throat.

Wrecker groans loudly, and I turn in my seat.

"Ahhh, Tech? I need one of those med patches." He moans, raising his hand to his head, using his other hand to stabilize himself on the bar.

"You used the last one." Tech responds, glancing at him and adjusting his goggles.

Rex stiffens, standing from where he knelt next to Omega. I carefully put my rifle across my knees, watching him.