Waking up

I groan, rolling over. I feel like I have a hangover, my head pulsing and feeling like I'm going to vomit. I bury my head into the soft pillow, inhaling the sent. It smells very familiar, and the sent is comforting. I drift back off to sleep, Cuddling a stuffed animal into my chest.

I wake up again, rubbing my eyes. There's a quiet thump as Lula falls off the edge of the bunk. Sitting up, I look around at the dark room. It appears to be a small bedroom, with four beds stacked two tall. I am in one of the taller bunks, and I lean over the edge. Lula looks back up at me, and I smile. I slid out of the bunk, landing on the floor quietly. A loose black shirt covers my torso, and my baggy black pants from Su cover my legs.

The door slides open, and I yelp, jumping back and squinting as light fills the room.
"Oh, you're awake." Tech says, adjusting his goggles while holding out a small cup. It is filled with water, and I drink it.

"She drugged you." Tech states simply, moving to one of the lower bunks and tugging on a drawer beneath it. Pulling out a wrist comm, he looks back up ay me.

"Thanks." I murmur, handing back the glass. I run my fingers through my hair, yawning. "Who's the comm for?"

"Omega." Tech hums, moving out the door. It takes me a second to process what he said.

"Omega?" I ask hurriedly, stepping out into the hallway. "Where is she?"

"I'm here!" She calls, and I have never been so happy to see her. She runs towards me, her blonde hair bouncing with each step. When she reaches me, I pull her into a hug, kissing her forehead. I step back, holding her at arms length.
"Fennec didn't hurt you, did she?" I ask, looking her over.

"Fennec?" Tech asks, stepping back into the hallway. I nod, looking up at him.

"My sister."

"Your sister attacked you?" Hunter asked, making me jump. I didn't even notice him near us.

  "Actually, I attacked her first." I say, giving him an apologetic smile. "Where is my armor?"

  "I'll go get it, Del!" Omega chirped, stepping past Tech.

  Hunter touched my arm, his glove brushing my skin.
  "Why is she after Omega?"

   I raise my eyebrows at him.

  "How should I know? I was drugged, remember?" I say, placing a hand on my hip.

  Tech pushes up his goggles. "She does make a logical point." He says, playing with the comm device in his hands.

  Hunter frowns at me. "Just stop getting yourself in trouble." He says. "It's like having another child."

  I cross my arms, opening my mouth to argue, before Omega staggers in, a pile of uneven and unstable armor in her arms. I rush forward, taking the pile from her.

  "I'll be back." I tell her, moving towards the refresher. Stepping into the small bathroom, I place the armor onto the floor at me feet. Looking at my reflection, I notice I look like a mess. My brown hair is a birds nest on my head, stray hairs flying everywhere.

  My face isn't too bad, but I am breaking out on my forehead. Leaning forward, I pop a whitehead, winching. Turning on the sink, I quickly splash water on my face, before turning off the facet. The Havoc Muradur has a limited amount of water in her reserve-- Which Tech told me in great detail-- and I didn't want to waste it.  After drying my face, I pull off the shirt, looking down at the scars that scatter my stomach. Tracing a long healed knife wound, I look back at my reflection. If Life had been different... if life hadn't been so hard for my sister and I, maybe I would be different. Maybe I wouldn't be a projection to hide how broken I was.

  Omega's laugh filters through the refresher door, and I smile.

At least I have them.

   I quickly put on my blacks, and on top of them, my armor. I step back out of the refresher, handing Hunter his shirt.

  "Thanks." I say to him quietly, watching as Omega speaks into her comm, testing it out.

  "I was worried about you." Hunter whispers, his gaze on Omega.

"It takes more then some Spice to kill me." I respond, nudging him gently. His eyes meet mine, and he gives me a small smile.

"Let's go find out about that sister of yours."

helloooooo I'm not dead!

Question of the Chapter: If You could have one clone's armor, who would you choose?

A: Either Gregor or Rex's

....But Cody's is cool too.

   Until we meet again!