Broken

AN:not spell checked;

TW: mentions sleep paralysis demons.

  "Hunter!" I ran towards him, kneeling into the moons dirt. His chest was raising and falling evenly, and I let out a breath.

Standing up, I looking around. "Omega!" I scream out, looking around into the darkness. "Omega!"

Kneeling back down, I gave Hunter a shake. His eyes flew open, and he sits up, gripping my shoulders.

"Mesh'la! Where is Omega?"

I feel the panic rising in my chest.

"I-I-I don't know, I got here, you where on the ground—" I pause, hearing the dragon let out a roar.

I stand up, and Hunter scrambles up next to me.

"Omega!" He yells, and the moon is quiet again.

"I'm coming!"

"Oh, thank the Maker." I say, rushing to one of the strange tunnels where her voice was coming from.

"Omega?"

"Delta!" I reach my hand into the darkness, and I feel her hand clamp onto mine. Yanking her up, I pull her out of the hole.

"Omega! Are you hurt?" I ask, placing a hand on her face. She shakes her head, holding up a grey cylindrical part.

"I've got the compassitor!" She said, a wide grin visible through the oxygen mask.

  I hug her, squeezing her tightly.

My oxygen mask flashes, and I start to inhale when it turns off, filling my lungs with carbon dioxide. I gasp, but my mask is no longer supplying me with air.

Gasping, I kneel down, hating how I look weak.

Hating how Hunter grabs my arm, shaking it before removing my mask, pulling off his and slamming his to my mouth. I take a deep breath, watching as he puts mine on, and it lights up.

"T-thank you. I'm sorry." I say, staring at him. He gives me a small smile.

"It's my job, Mesh'la, to protect my squad. You are a part of us now."

(Time skip brought to you by Wrecker Demolishing Co. and Sons.)

(Imagine though, baby Wreckers.)

The quietness of the ship is comforting. Omega is in her new room, sound asleep. The boys went to their bunks a while ago. I think Hunter is worried about me... I don't know why.

I tuck my feet under me, staring at the far wall. I miss her. I miss Fennec. Closing my eyes, I try to fight sleep. I don't want to sleep, to have to fight the demons away with my bare hands.

  There's a creaking sound as a door opens, and I open my eyes.

  "You can't sleep, either?" Hunter asks, sitting across from me. I spare him a smile.

  "I don't really sleep much."

  He pauses, observing my face. I watch him in the dim light. He's extremely handsome, with his broad Roman nose and sharp jaw. He doesn't have his bandanna on, and his dark locks fall to frame is face.

   "Crosshair has the same problem." Hunter says, tilting his head and causing his locks to fall away from his eyes. "He has demons."

  I frown, playing with my sleeve.
   "How did you know?" I ask. I realize he notices more things then I do.

"We are all haunted in some way, Delta. Just for some of us..." he trails off. "For some of us,it's worse then others."

He meets my gaze and I look away.

"What's your favorite planet you have been to?" He asks, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees. I copy his motions.

"I adore Naboo." I say, tilting my head. "Fennec and I were new to the guild when we went there, chasing a bail jumper. I was fascinated by the city; the temples, the houses. Fennec teased me about it, but I know she enjoyed her time there as much as I did." I glance down at my hands, embarrassed. "And now I'm ranting."

"I like it when you rant." He says, smiling. "Did you catch him?"

  "The bail jumper? Oh yeah. For enough credits, people will tell you anything, and we found him fast enough. How about you, Sargent?"

   He looks at the wall behind me, deep in thought. Not that I mind; it just gave me more time to look at him.

  "I don't know... we've never really spent enough time on one planet for me to tell. Maybe Kamino, but the long necks just ruin it for me..." his eyes meet mine. "I hated it there. They used to take Tech, and take him to do these weird... tests. I feared that if he failed, they would exterminate him. And, if I lost my brother, I would have failed." His eyes go to his feet.

  I stare at him, surprised that he opened up to me this much.

  "Well," I say, trying to lighten the mood. "Aren't we just a bunch of broken people out in the galaxy, huh?"

  He smiles at me. "Better broken then apart."

   This chapter is just talking.

It's fine

Question of the chapter:

Q: who's ready to go fight some long necks for hurting our boys? 🗡

Lol, J.K

Q: Have you read any of the Star Wars novels?

A: Yes! I love them.

Until our paths cross,

Kena