The Kiss

This isn't my best writing, but I hope you like it! The writer block is slowly starting to fade. Enjoy!

   Tw: Not spell checked, kinda cringe.  But cringe is good sometimes lol.

Sorry for the inactivity but I am back!! I hope you all have hung around long enough to see this!

Additional TW: Hunter being..... very hot (I have a thing for our copy and paste clone boys.)

It's a ship grave yard.  Large vessels that used to carry many thousand people clumped together and on top of each other, their surfaces cover in rust.  The sun has faded the once imposing grey, making the ships an almost silver color. 

Tech expertly navigates the Havoc Marauder, biting his lip in concentration.  Omega is next to Tech, a small hand placed on his shoulder.  Her eyes are wide, taking in the planet with its surface completely covered in junk.  Which makes sense, as Rex did ask to meet us at a Junk planet.  I absentmindedly run my fingers over the length of my rifle, releasing a puff of air out of habit.

I glance at Hunter.  He is sitting with his elbows on his knees, his hands hanging in front of him. As if sensing my gaze, he looks at me, his eyes meeting mine.

"How long have you known this Rex character?" I ask, tearing my eyes from his and looking out of the port.

My distrust for the clone captain hasn't dissipated: Far from it, a constant unease had settled in my stomach, keeping me from eating the ration bar that Hunter had given me.  I didn't like the clone captain, and the fact that he had separated me from Omega.

"A while."  Hunter says, sighing.

"We met him on the mission when we rescued Echo." Tech says. "Echo used to serve under him with the 501st legion.  If you have any questions, you should ask him."

I stand, surprised when Hunter stands up also.

"I want to talk with you before we land."  He glances at the curious eyes of Tech and Omega. "Privately."

I swallow nervously, following him into the hallway.  He places a large hand to the control panel, making the door slide close.  The hallway is dark, but the light from the belly of the ship filters into the space, allowing enough light so that we can see each other.

The lighting causes lakes of shadows to pool across Hunter's face, giving him a ghostly effect.

"What was that all about?" He asks, crossing his arms.  I place a hand on my hip, glaring up at him.

"I don't trust Rex.  I don't like how he-"

"Not that." Hunter says, his voice annoyed. "The kiss at Sid's."

"Oh," I say, averting my gaze from his eyes, concentrating on the wall behind him. "That." My face heats, and I am glad for the blanket of darkness.  The ship shakes as we enter the planets atmosphere, and I look up to see Hunter's eyes still on me.

"Look, I don't know what this-" I gesture at the space between us. "-Is, but I know what I want, Hunter.  I want you.  So if you don't want that, that's fine, but you have to tell me."

I look down at my hands, wondering if I took it too far.  I feel, for the first time, afraid around him. I realize that I am not afraid of him, I am afraid of rejection.

He steps closer to me, his dark boots moving into my vision.  He places his hand on my chin, forcing me to look up at him.  His eyes seem to have darken, and he meets my gaze bravely.