Forgiven

AN: not spell checked

Half and hour earlier:

"Omega, you are not going." I say firmly,

  "But, Delta, I just thought I would be part of the team." I inhale deeply through my nostrils, looking over her shoulder at Hunter, asking him a silent question.

  Can you protect her?

He seems to pause- the act of putting his Vibro-Blade in his belt momentarily stalled- before he nods. My heart seems to stall in my chest as well, before I look back down at Omega.

  "You have to listen to Hunter, you hear me? That dragon could be dangerous, and I won't be there to protect you." She nods enthusiastically.

  "Of course Del." I smile at her, trying to hide my nervousness.

  She scurries out of the room, a huge smile on her face.
   I straighten, looking at Hunter. He raises his eyebrows at me.
   I roll my eyes, putting my hands on my hips.

  "What?"

  "Does this mean I am forgiven?"

  I tilt my head, looking at the grey-blue ceiling of the havoc marauder.

  "Possibly." I hear footsteps, and look back at him to see he is step in front of me. I can feel his breath fan out on my face. His eyes meet mine, and I wink at him. He flushes, red instantly dusting his face. I smirk at him, jabbing my finger in his chest.

   "Only if you bring her back in one piece, Sargent."

He gently waves off my hand, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever you say, Delta."

My anger flares, and I glare at him.

"I mean it, Hunter. Bring her back safely or You better pray to all the deities you know that I won't make your death slow and painful. Got it?"

His expression is somber as he looks me up and down.
"Are you bipolar or something?"

I sigh, rubbing my eyes.

I hear him start to leave the room, but he pauses at the door.

  "You're cute when you're angry."
    I look up at him, eyes wide. He grins at me before walking out, and I shake my head.

Did he just flirt with me?

Returning to present.
(Brought to you by Crosshair Weapons and Co.)

I pace the back of the cockpit, my hands clasped behind my back.

Eight steps lengthwise, four steps as the width.

"Hey, uh, Del? Could you come help me please?"

  "Sure, Wrecker." I say, walking  towards the back of the ship.

  "I, uh, wanted to make this bomber's bay Omega's room. But, uh, I need help."

   I smile at his thoughtfulness, looking at the box of colorful cloth.

"Here, this would a good cushion." I said, holding up a large black shirt, presumably Wrecker's. A tattered sleeve showed why he wasn't wearing it.

   "Ya know, I think I have some old string lights we can put up. give this space some light." I nod at him, watching as he moved to the boys barracks.

  I hang up a stained red blanket using large gold clips

  I hang up a stained red blanket using large gold clips. Stepping back, I observe how it blocks out the moon outside the window. Frowning, I take two shorter strands of rope and tie it up, mimicking a curtain. Smiling at my work, I take a step back.... And slam my shin into the metal pole at the entrance of the gunners bay.

"Kriffing....." I look down at the noticeable dent in my armor.

"We should probably cover those." Wrecker comments, a dorky grin on his face.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea." I agree, rubbing my hand over the indent in my armor.

Taking the lights, He hangs them up to the ceiling of the gunners bay, using what looks like medical tape to keep them in place.

"There we go!" He says, smiling at his accomplishment.

"Good job!" I complement, grinning up at him.

He peers into the box of scraps.

   "Do you think we could... tie theses together?" I tilt my head, looking at the strangely shaped cloths.

  "Probably. Do you have a needle and thread?"

  "I don't know." Turning, he cups his hands to his mouth. "TECH! DO WE HAVE A NEEDLE AND THREAD?"

When no answer comes, I give him a nervous smile.
  "Go find some and start sewing it together. I'll be right back."

Quickly moving to the cockpit, I see Tech messing with what looked like a Comm.

"Tech..... what's going on?" He frowned, tilting the comm device sideways.

"It appears that Omega tried to contact us."

  My heart rate accelerates and I grab an oxygen mask.

  "I'm going out there." I said firmly, moving towards the door of the Havoc marauder.

  "I wouldn't do that if I where you. That mask is unreliable and often malfunctions." Tech said quickly, adjusting his goggles.

   I put the mask on my face.
   "It doesn't matter. I have to go find them."

(Another lovely time skip brought to you by Delta and her stupidity.)

  The air on the moon is cold. I take a deep inhale through my mask, letting the filtered air fill my lungs.

  I am on high alert, my footsteps silent on the moon's sand as I followed the tracks, one significantly smaller then the other.

My mask flashes, and I quickly take a deep breath before it shuts off.

My lungs start screaming for air just as the mask turns back on, and I inhale deeply, thanking the stars.

   There's an odd shaped rock ahead and I slow down a bit, before realizing it's Hunter.

   "Hunter!"

I'm sorry. I had to get another chapter out.

Anyways, love y'all!

Dis iz da wae

-❤️Kena