24

"The exam starts from two weeks from today so you guys better start preparing for the big day from now on."

Everyone let sighed loudly, disappointment is evident on their face.

"Stop with the long face. I have another piece of news. Who wants to hear?" the students were not so happy with the teacher's announcement for the exam but they were still curious about another piece of news, for which they became reluctantly silent.
"We are going on a field trip and we are gonna stay two days in one of the mountains in Gwangju"

The class howled with so much excitement that you wouldn't believe that a few minutes ago they were
dejected.

Haesoo looked at Haerin but Haerin was looking at the empty seat beside her as if she was worried about Jungkook. At the sight of the empty seat of him, Haesoo became upset at the thought of not being able to contact him. After the incident, Haesoo tried to reach Jungkook even though none of them were at fault, it was clear that he was avoiding her.

Taeyung was trying to catch Haesoo's attention but she seemed upset about something aside from being irritated at Taehyung. He seemed her anger very humorous. Whenever she was angry, in his eyes Haesoo seemed like an angry Chihuahua who was completely harmless and looked more adorable.

However, it was obvious she was worried about something else and he tried to fathom what was troubling her. He was not doubt. He followed the direction of her sight and the thought of Jungkook invaded his mind. Yes, he was harsh to him when Haesoo got hurt but to him, it seemed insignificant to ignore someone just because of an incident that was done indeliberately. Taehyung's anger toward Jungkook escalated by the thought of him hurting Haesoo emotionally. Knowing her nature, he also knew that she blamed herself for the current situation.

"Since we are going on the trip next week, I am passing the permission slip. Get your parents' sign on this paper whoever wants to go on the trip", the teacher passed the papers to the students in the front of the class and asked to distribute them to the students at the back of the classroom. When the paper was passed down to Haesoo, she looked at the paper as if she did not know what to do with it. She did not have a legal guardian nearby who could sign up her paper for her, as she felt her hurt getting heavier. No action of Haesoo goes missed by Taehyung and he did not like the defeated look on her face. He snatched the paper from her in a split second before she could react and signed his name on her paper. She was so angry with him for not taking things seriously and ruining her paper and she was about to scold him. But the thought of being alone in this world evaporated at the sight of his messy signature of him on the paper. It was a way of him saying, she was not alone, rather a way of saying he was there for her no matter what.

Tears accumulated at the corner of her eyes, as she tried to blink them vehemently, Taehyung put his hands on her knees behind the table to comfort her without drawing anyone's attention.

Author's note

I am so sorry guys. I have been so busy with uni and several part-time jobs that even if i had time, I was too tired to write. And to be honest I am even writing this in the middle of the class. I am extremely sorry for the late update.