6

"Alright class, choose your chemistry partner."

Everyone cheered out of happiness as they could choose their own partner for practicals as often teacher would assign experiments.

"But there's one condition."

Everyone groaned inwardly after hearing the teacher.

"Make sure to choose your opposite gender because I don't want the close friends working together. This might lead to not working at all. "

Some of them heaved a sigh of relief and on the contrast some even slouched deeper in their seat at the thought of working.

I was the many of who slouched deeper in their seat because that meant I couldn't be partner with my best friend Haerin. And I had no interaction with boys in my class other than Taehyung as I was a shy person. I could approach Taehyung but my ego wouldn't let me approach him as I didn't want to look desperate to him. I tried my best to think of someone to pair with but it seemed as if already people were done pairing.

Oh look, I'm the wannabe here. I felt so small right now that no one even asked me. My heart sank at the thought of working alone whereas people did in pair.

I was about to report my teacher that I had no partner when a boy's sight caught my vision. The tall, brunette boy close in on to me , making me startle. The boy shyly shifted from one toe to another while scratching his neck with his hand. 

"Umm.. Wou.. Would you like to be my partner?"

I could see his cheeks smouldered pink and his ears turned red. He seemed so cute, he could barely talk yet he squeezed out his last ounce of his courage to ask me out. That was so sweet of him that my heart melted by his action and I could also feel my cheek burn. I couldn't afford to dishearten him by rejecting him and even I was looking for a partner , so why not say yes?

 I couldn't afford to dishearten him by rejecting him and even I was looking for a partner , so why not say yes?

"Sure!"

I shoot him the brightest smile I could ever flash. For a second I thought he stopped breathing, while his eyes went as wide as saucer.

"Um I forget to ask your name. ..."

I whispered to him as we weren't allowed to talk in the classroom.

"It's Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook."

He muttered shyly. Why did he had to blush every time he spoke ? Not that I was complaining.

"I'm Haesoo. "

"I know"

He muttered in matter of factly. Obviously I was in his class,he would know my name. But for me, being new to this school made me harder to remember everyone's name in my class. I didn't want to sound noisy but I felt like I had to socialise with him so that I wouldn't feel awkward talking to him in next classes.

"You like chemistry?"

He just nodded, not even glancing at me. That's the cue I need to shut the hell up because clearly he wasn't in the mood to chat. As he fiddled around with the apparatus , I boringly looked around the room to see what was my best friend doing.

At the corner of the room, I found Haerin giggling at some jokes that her partner said. I wanted to know who made her laugh but I shouldn't have look at Haerin because she was paired up with Taehyung. Wow why did he had to pair up with her, why just not me?! If I wasn't a chicken I could have now standing in the place of Haerin and laugh along with him.

But wait! Why was I being jealous over my bestie? She had done nothing. I should better focus on my task.

"Umm sorry I couldn't talk to you in chemistry class. "

Jungkook stood in front of my desk as I was packing up my books. Now that he was talking to me, I had no energy to talk to him. Oh god, why did I even have to work ? Oh sorry I forgot that I have freaking no one to feed me. Could I just drop out of school and start begging from door to door? That would be easier.

"It's ok Jungkook. I'm sorry for disturbing you in the class as well. "

I got on my feet and bide a farewell to him. I was already on the way out of the school building when Jungkook came rushing to me.

"Let me walk you to home. It's getting dark now, you shouldn't roam around the road alone at this time. "

How sweet of him. But he had no idea that whether it's day or night I was always alone. It didn't matter to me.

"It's ok Jungkook. I'm used to it. Even I'm not going home. I have work. "

"Then let me drop you to your workplace. "

Why was he pasturing so much ? I had no idea.

"Alright if you say so. "

I think the last time I updated the chapter was a year ago. Now I don't even remember the plot. I feel so shitty. I'm so sorry