8

"Time to change your seat mate , guys"

Our class teacher said as students looked at him , void of interest apparent in their eye. To be honest , I was nervous because changing seat meant i wouldn't be able to seat with Taehyung. He was the best desk mate you could ask for. It's not because I had a crush on him but he was non disturbing person. He never bothered me in class. Yeah I sometimes felt lonely but I didn't want any distractions during the classes.

The teacher made the seating arrangement in lottery system. The boys would draw a paper from a box where the names of the girls would be written. The boys have to seat with whom he had drawn the name of.

I was so on the edge that I started to feel ill. Boys kept on drawing girls name , but there was no sign of my name about to be called. When Taehyung's turn came to draw the name , I prayed so hard that the God Himself might come down on earth to grant my wish. But no luck. He drew someone else's name.

Wait

What?

Did he just called Haerin. Why?! When I looked at Haerin she seemed quite happy and I could make out her face turning slightly pink. What was with her ?

There's now few people's name left to be called out. I gave out on praying anymore because I had no chance to seat with Taehyung. I paid no attention to the circumstances and started to doodle on my hand when I heard someone call my name.

"Haesoo"

Oh my god! Jungkook called my name while drawing the paper. I was so happy that I didn't have to seat with some delinquent in my class. I heaved a sigh of relief as I approached Jungkook and sat beside him.

"Nice to meet you, my new seat mate. "

He bowed to me as I bowed back, chuckling at his playfulness.

On the other hand Haerin tapped on my shoulder from beside and squealed like there's no tomorrow.

"Omoooo , Haesoo ! we can now gossip anytime in the class. "

She nearly jumped on her seat and made a dance move. Taehyung looked at her as if she was out of her mind and moved his gaze to somewhere else feeling awkward.

"Can I borrow your book? Sorry I forgot to bring mine."

Jungkook whispered to me during literature class.

"Sure."

I moved the book toward him so that he could also have a look at the book. I was so engrossed in the chapter that I didn't realise Jungkook's head was nearly touching mine. Jungkook also seemed to realise the situation and murmured an apology while creating distance between us.

His ears turned pink and his cheek seemed burning. He was clearly shy to talk with girls or have any other interaction.

Dismissal arrived and everyone was ready to flee from the school. I was also packing my books when I felt a hand on my head.

"I can't walk you to home today. Sorry. Bye bye Haesoo "

He ruffled my hair as he left the classroom. Not even after split second after, Taehyung also left the class room.

"Oh my goodness!!! Are you guys a thing?! Cuz I'm totally shipping you guys. Did you see the height difference between you and Jungkook ?!!! That was the sweetest thing I have ever seen."

Haerin fangirled over Jungkook and me, leaving me feel awkward.

"It's not like that. We are just friends!"

I defended despite the fact that she wouldn't buy it.

"No friends offer to walk you to home. Specially when he ruffles your hair affectionately. Like come on you didn't ask him, did you ?! And please stop bull shitting me cuz I have already made ship names. Jungsoo or Haekook? Omg I love both of them. "

She fanned her face as if she was getting all excited by the mere thought of us. I shook my head, completely disagreeing to her.

"You tell me, what's between you and Taehyung ?"

I asked her , curiously. I could see her face again gaining a pink tint of blush on her cheek.

"Was it that obvious?"

She looked at me shyly as she squinted her left eye. I nodded my head vigorously.

"I have been crushing on him ever since I was in junior High."

I was taken aback by her confession. I didn't know that my best friend had crush on the very same guy I had crush on. Now I felt relieved for not telling the relationship between me and Taehyung to Haerin. Obviously it would break her heart.

"I'm rooting for two of you."

I managed to say with a smile on my face.

"Thank you Haesoo"

She said with the sweetest smile plastered on her face as she hugged me tightly.

I hope she never finds out about me and Taehyung.