18

I slowly made my way towards Taehyung's room to buy time to think what to tell Taehyung. To be honest I haven't thought of telling him anything as I have never encounter such situation. When my brother was alive he was such a sweet and obedient child that I didn't need to scold him anytime.

I knocked on the door of Taehyung's room cautiously as if fearing a beast would pounce on me the moment I enter the room. I got no response of him although I know he's in there. I heaved a sigh,mentally preparing myself to be told off by him.

"I'm coming,Taehyung."

I turned the knob tardily only to see him going through his phone. I gently walked towrd his bed where he was seated and lower my back beside him.

"Do you wanna talk about it ?"

I talked to him softly deliberately,not to provoke him in anyway.

He didn't even bother to respond,not even shaking off his head or murmuring any words. I sat there for quite few minutes only to look like a complete fool then stood on my legs.

"Just knock this in your head not to take everything for granted."

I said harshly more than I intended to sound. I didn't want to sound rude or anything but it boiled my blood to see him treat his parents and taking their presence for granted. You never appreciate one unless you loose them. And I didn't want him to be one of them. Every minute is counted when you are with your loved one and not a single second should go wasted because you never know when you are gonna loose them or they might loose you. It's not worth quarrelling for no reason with the loved one.

Just as I was about to leave he said,

"You have no fucking idea so don't talk about what you don't know."

The way he spat out his words hurt me more than the words themselves. Yeah I might not know what goes around this house and behind their smiling face but there might have better ways to tell me to mind my own business. Tear dwelled on my eyes but I hold my ground and tried to not look at him to let him notice that I was hurt. Especially the way he glared hard on me, I have never seen him giving that look to anyone, not even to Jungkook whom he hated with his guts.

The tension in the room was palpable and I wanted to do nothing but get out of there as soon as possible before he could hurt me with his words once again. As if Hershey could sense me leaving, it rushed from the end of the room where it hid behind it's sanctuary, stared at me and placed it's paws on my leg to craddle her. Even it didn't want to stay in the same room as Taehyung.

I craddle it and left the room without further uttering a word, leaving doleful Taehyung alone in his room.

When I went downstairs, Taehyung's mother Aunt Mina stood by the end of the staircases.

"I'm sorry I kind of ruined the dinner. Sorry if I  haven't uttered nonsense we could have finished eating without any disturbance."

I hold on to her hands firmly after I put Hershey on the floor.

"Don't say that Aunt. You have been nothing but sweet to me. And I enjoyed every single moment till Taehyung raged. Please don't blame yourself."

I told her as much as I could sound unfeigned.

"I'm glad that Taehyung found someone like you"

She placed a warm hand on my cheek as she  stared at me with admiration in her eyes.

It's more like he found me.

.

.

.

Following day

The sky was screaming blue and there was not a single spot on the sky as I wondered where did all the clouds go as I stared out of the laboratory window. I hate chemistry and I had zero interest to do this experiment with Jungkook who was quite excitedly arranging the apparatus for me. I had offered him to let me arrange the apparatus but he said I should do the fun part which was apparently mixing solvent to the solution. But little did he know that's what I'm bad at. I was sure I was gonna ruin this whole experiment so I did nothing but to fidget in my seat.

It's not like I was bad at mixing reactants,it's just me having Pyrophobia (fear of fire). 

From the corner of my eyes I saw Taehyung seated just beside us as Haerin set up the apparatus. He never talked to me in school and I had no problem with him ignoring me here but today it felt different. It felt different because I had this feeling that he was still angry at me. Angry for going after him yesterday.

Jungkook might have sensed my gloomy mood because he was now making small chats which he rarely did.

Author's POV

Haesoo nervously took the measuring cylinder while her hands trembled badly. Sweat pricked on the top of her forehead as cold sweat broke over her.

Taehyung silently followed Haesoo's movement with his eyes pondering whether to take apparatus out of  her reach so that she wouldn't be the one to conduct the experiment. Taehyung wanted so badly to smoothen the crease stiched on her forehead as she frowned. But as soon as the thought crossed his mind he quickly dismissed it scolding himself for thinking it was none of his business. In order to shake his thought off he averted his gaze on his own partner to make sure Haerin was correctly doing everything when he heard someone shrill.

He wasted no time as he rushed to Haesoo who was on the verge of crying as she dropped the beaker from her clatch. Taehyung moved Haesoo so fast her hair wouldn't catch fire which was so close to fire and in the process of Taehyung burned his own hand but that was none of his concern. His number one concern was her.

Haesoo.

Everyone gaped at the sight of mess but no one uttered a single word. Taehyung was still back hugging her but he didn't think he could let go of her so soon. He made Haesoo turn around to face him as he inspected her hands, flipping both sides to make sure she had no injury.

On the other hand Haesoo's hands were still trembling and she could feel her heart leap out of her rib cage. She wasn't sure whether it was due to handling fire and making a whole chaos in the lab or Taehyung's this close proximity to her's. She could feel her cheeks warning up at the thought off pupil looking at them.

"Who does practicals with their hairs down?!"
Taehyung yelled in elevated voice.

"And you!" Taehyung pointed at Jungkook as he was standing there quandarily, guilt enveloping his features.

"When a person is trembling so much while doing experiments,it's evident that she's clearly afraid of fire. And what are you doing? Ogling her but not helping her. There's a reason why we had been paired up so that we could look out for one another but clearly you don't have any common sense." Taehyung was beyond outraged at the disarray of Jungkook. On contrary Haesoon was in great ordeal. She forgot how to function properly.  She couldn't get whether she's supposed to stop Taehyung create a scene or stop crying. She looked everywhere but at him and Jungkook when Taehyung's burned hand caught her eyes. She gasped at the sight of his injury as if she could feel the pain herself.

"Let's get you to infirmary." Haesoo forced her voice out though she was no where in position of talking but she couldn't stand the sight of Taehyung's  burned hand. Haesoo tugged at the sleeve of Taehyung as he looked down at her,he's eyes turning softer than before.

"Please?" a sob escaped from her mouth as she muttered inaudibly.

Taehyung was not yet finished with Jungkook but he's hand was quivering out of pain and the look on Haesoo was unbearable to see.

Taehyung nodded as Haesoo shambles towards the infirmary and him trailing behind her.