Chapter 5: Zhongli story quest part 4

Hello everyone Rue here and welcome to a new chapter for the Zhongli story quest. Anyway I have keeping up with voting on which future child of Aether will be shown first. Anyway the votes are in and we have two winners for this.

AMBER

EI

These two girls won as they have equal votes as the first to be featured. So as promised I will be showing Aether future child after Zhongli quest. Anyway I hope you all enjoy the chapter.

"So you all are finally entering the ruins. I am curious on what you find there to be honest especially that there is a powerful seal protecting the entrance." Kequing said.

"Well you are about to find out but just a warning you will see some scary stuff." Paimon said which made everyone a bit concern after hearing this.

"Everyone the next viewing is about to begin." Danheng said. "But before we begin. Girls remember the agreement that you made. Time to switch seat." Kequing and Ayaka pouted in hearing this but obeyed and soon Yanfei and Yoimiya sat next to Aether and were very happy.

Soon the screen started to play.

The group finally arrived at the ruins. Aether and Paimon were surprised to see the the white statue everywhere.

'A bizarre-looking statue that appears to be made of salt' Aether thought as he check the statue he realize that all the statue were made of salt which confused him.

"A-Are these... statues?" Paimon said in shock

"No. These are people." Zhongli stated which shock everyone in the group.

"Now I remember why that place was sealed." Cloud Retainer said with solemn tone.

"Yes a tragic tale. Something that serves as a lesson for all if they learn the truth about Havria." Moon Craver said. This causes everyone with the exception of a few to get even more worried.

"Urgh..." Kliment felt sick after hearing that especially the condition of all the statue.

"They were probably followers of the God of Salt." Zhongli said and Wanyan was shock at hearing this.

"Havria followers?!...what in the world happened?" Ningguang asked in shock after hearing this.

"Lady Ningguang I believe that all will be explained soon." Ganyu said. She couldn't help but relived a memory when Rex Lapis told the news about Havria death.

"How did they become this way...?" Kliment asked

"What in the world is hidden deep in this ruin...?" Wanyan whisper as she wanted know what happened to the follower of Havria

The group started to explore around the ruins and Aether was looking at statue and notice some of the statue that caught his attention.

Aether examine the salinized adherent and thought 'He is transfixed in an earnest posture... No, perhaps he was also... afraid?' He was confused why it look like afraid.

"Did something happened in the ruins that turns them like that." Albedo speculate.

"From the looks of it the statues are running away from something." Diluc analyze.

"Bad...feeling...Razor could feel it." Razor said with narrowed eyes.

The group continues on looking around the ruins. Aether and Zhongli solve the puzzle that was in way easily with no problem.

Soon the group arrived in one of the room and find a strange chalice on an altar.

"A chalice. It doesn't seem look that much." Diona comments.