Chapte 16 - Zhongli Story Quest Act II Part 3

I'm back with a new chapter. Sorry as always been busy with life and such and been a very busy month for me at my work. Anyway here is the next chapter for Zhongli story quest II. I hope you all enjoy it.

Without Further ado. Let's begin.

The group headed to the mountains and they arrived to Lingju Pass to investigate and continue with the mission. Soon Paimon noticed something on the trail.

"Wait, there are tracks here!" Paimon pointed out. "These must have been left by the miners!"

"Let us make our way to the end of Lingju Pass. If there are no footprints there, it would suggest that the miners are still within the pass itself. However, if we find new tracks, we can follow them wherever they may lead." Zhongli said. Everyone agreed to his plan and soon started to look around for more clues.

"So the investigation begins. It's time to follow the trail." Heizou said as he was mentally excited to see this mystery resolved

Aether and Paimon saw another trail of footprints "Hey! Footprints!" Paimon pointed out.

"It would appear that they made their way through Lingju Pass and kept moving." Zhongli said.

"If we follow their footprints, we should be able to find where they went!" Paimon cheered and soon they follow the footprints trail but soon they reach the end of the trail.

"Oh no! The footprints end here!" Paimon said worried.

"So it's dead end" Keqing said with a frowned.

"But there some people. Maybe they might have clue." Ganyu pointed out many nodding in agreement.

"We should inquire with anyone nearby. If the miners came through here, they may well have seen them." Zhongli suggested to the group. The group agreed and started asking people around the area.

"Hi there, have you seen anyone dressed like a miner around here?" Paimon asked old man

"A miner? I'm afraid not." The old man said

Paimon sighs at this. "Let's try someone else."

The group approached a young man

"Hello! Have you seen any miners nearby? About this tall - four of them?" Paimon asked and the young man glare at them.

"Stop bothering me! Can't you see I'm cloud-watching?" The young man said angrily to them.

"...Well that was rude." Yanfei rolled her eyes with a huffed.

"Besides he was only watching the clouds. It was nothing important." Beidou said. At the back of the audience the young man mentally pale and decided lay low. He just knew he would get backlash because of his attitude.

Paimon rolled her eyes at the man's attitude "Geez! A little grumpy, aren't we? Whatever, let's go ask someone else."

The group continued to ask around and soon approached a young woman that was carrying a basket.

"Hey there, seen any miners?" Paimon asked the woman

The woman think for a moment before she spoke. "...It must have been about four or five days ago. There were a few men who came through here carrying baskets and picks... I guess that could have been them?"

"Yeah! That's them!" Paimon cheered to finally found someone who seen the miners.

Zhongli look skeptical "Four or five days ago? It appears that they were moving slower than we'd anticipated. Traversing the geography of Lingju Pass must have held them up."