Chapter Ten

The alarms of the building were blaring when the pair got inside, their eyes scanning their surroundings for any threats. S.H.I.E.L.D agents were scrambling and YN paused, worrying slightly.

"How do we know who's bad and who's good?" She whispered, placing a hand on Tony's metal arm. The man looked down at it, their kiss a few moments ago distracting him.

"I'd say if they look anything like that, they're bad." YN's eyes met Tony's before following his gaze to a group of men, wearing all black and carrying machine guns. Nodding, YN sprinted to the side as Tony took off, the two of them separating to break up the group.

YN was slowly being overpowered as her weapon was thrown away, her body receiving some pretty brutal hits. Soon, she was flat on her back, a man sitting on her chest as his fist hit her cheek. YN lifted her legs, wrapping themselves around his neck and throwing him to the side. YN pushed until a satisfying crack filled the air.

She stumbled to her feet, wincing at the pain shooting through her ribcage. "YN, staircase!" Tony shouted as he jetted out a window, heading up the side of the building. YN huffed, racing toward the doors and bounding up the stairs.

A few agents started to descend and YN stopped, raising her hands to stop them. They stared at her, and YN could see their fear in the way they huddled together, backs pressed against each other and how their hands shook.

"Ground floor is surrounded, get to the garage level, take a vehicle." They nodded, passing her slowly before continuing their sprint downstairs. YN took a breath before she continued her trek upwards, stopping as she noticed Maria in the control room.

She burst in, holding a hand over her chest as she caught her breath. Maria looked at her, wary about letting her too close. YN held up her hands, looking to the screens showing the different levels of the Triskileon. The two women watched as the Falcon, Sam, YN had learnt, slotted in a disc to stop a Hellicarrier.

"How many are down?" Maria lifted her hand to her ear, repeating YN's question.

"Alpha, Bravo locked, Cap is securing Charlie- Shit!" YN jumped as Sam shouted, the hairs on her neck standing to attention. Maria and YN swapped a look before staring back at the screen.

"Tony?" YN asked, her heart battering in her chest. "Status report?"

"I'm heading in to help Rogers, I'm good, Silver." YN nodded, watching as he flew past a camera, on trek to the Charlie carrier.

"Falcon?" Sam responded and Maria sighed. "Rumlow's headed for the council." Maria turned back to YN but all she was met with was a door halfway through closing. "YN's heading your way too, apparently."

"YN, stay where you are!" Tony shouted into her ear, panic and fear creeping into his voice. A grunt followed as Tony continued to shout for the woman, YN having to drown it out to stop herself from getting distracted

YN sprinted up the stairs, she leant over the rail, looking upward as Rumlow slid through the forty-first floor. Following his suit, YN ran into meet Rumlow and Sam squaring off. YN stepped out from behind the wall, holding a pair of batons in hand.

"Special Agent Silver, Pierce has told me all about you." YN smirked, licking her lips. "Little out of your depth here, sweetheart. A rabbit playing with wolves?" YN grinned, shaking her head.

"I'd say you're the baby rabbit in this scenario, Mr. Rumlow." She snarked, cocking her head. "Something about a man doing everything he can for a shred of validation from his superior, it just..." YN hummed, another grin spreading across her mouth, scaring even Sam who watched cautiously. "It's pathetic."

Rumlow started to move toward her, but Sam attacked, heaving their bodies onto to the ground. YN rolled her eyes at the seemingly heroic actions, walking over toward the two. She could already tell Sam was losing the upper hand. As he was thrown off, YN tapped in, hurtling a baton at Rumlow's head, kicking his chest as he was distracted.

A hand came out of nowhere, planting itself against her chest and knocking the wind from her. YN coughed, spluttering as she tried to collect herself. Sam took the opportunity to weigh back in as she grabbed her batons, fighting Rumlow from behind as Sam forced him to face forward.

They were on the ground when YN felt it, the vibration of the building. She looked over toward the window and gasped. Landing a solid knock to Rumlow's head, she grabbed the back of Sam's shirt, pulling him up and started to back up.

"We gotta go!" Sam shouted, his own hand scrambling for YN's as they sprinted to the other side of the building as the Charlie carrier hurtled toward the building, eating it up the close it got to the two runners. "Please, tell me you got that chopper in the air!"

"Sam, where are you?" Natasha asked, the sound of a helicopter present in the back.

"Do you have YN?" Tony's frazzled voice filtered through, the line slightly crackled.

"We're on the forty-first floor, north-west corner!" The two got closer and closer to the edge, but an explosion caught their tail. Fortunately for Sam, it hurtled him forward and into the helicopter where Natasha stopped him from falling through.

Unfortunately for YN, her body swiveled, throwing her sideways as chunks of building and shrapnel hit her. She flew straight passed the chopper, a scream of terror leaving her mouth. As if in slow motion, YN looked to the side, watching as Tony pushed hard to get to her.

Soon his arms surrounded her, their breathing as hard as each other's. YN groaned, pain starting to spread throughout her body as they reached the ground. Tony tried to set her on her feet, but her knees buckled, the woman falling forward into Tony's arms again.

"What? What is it?" He asked, holding her arm to help her stand. YN held a hand to her stomach, grimacing as her face paled with every second, worry causing through Tony's veins just looking at her. She pulled her hand back, her eyes widening as she saw the red that coated it.

Tony leant down, placing her down on her back. His suit retracted enough that he could lift her shirt, gasping as he saw the blood spreading over her stomach from various deep wounds, some with shrapnel still sticking from them.

"We need a chopper! Now!" Tony screamed, his hands hovering over YN for a moment before his scooped her up, choosing to take matters into his own hands as YN whimpered softly, her head lolling to the side. "Scrap the chopper, meet me at the base!"