Epilogue

:( 

"I was instructed by my SAC to investigate the events of 2012 and how S.H.I.E.L.D was involved with this." YN started, staring at the lawyer with an expression of steel. "My first inclination of something being off was the response I got from certain members of the organization."

"Meaning Former Secretary of Defense Alexander Pierce?"

"Objection! Prompting the witness." A gritty voice called out, YN nearly wincing as it pierced the air.

"Sustained, please ask your question again, Mr. Nelson."

"Who was not accepting your investigation, Agent Silver?" He tried again.

"At the start mostly everyone, with the exception of Agent Sharon Carter and Captain Rogers. Everyone else was on edge, and it increased my suspicions." YN said, keeping her features forward, no matter how hard it was not to look for comforting brown in the quiet hush of the court room.

"Can you tell me the events that occurred on," The lawyer looked down. "September 23rd?"

"I had a meeting with Mr. Pierce in the late afternoon. He provided little to no support for my investigation, and would not answer my questions. I uncovered several off-record projects that were being hidden from our government, and when asked about, Mr. Pierce chose to disregard my questions."

"What were these projects?" Mr. Nelson asked, cocking his head in anticipation.

"Phase 2 was the first one I discovered, having been told anonymously by a witness. I was then provided a file that belonged to Mr. Stark, it provided me heavy detail on the massive use of the Tesseracts for weaponry and world-wide power." YN explained, pausing to take a breath. "In reading this file more and more information seemed to be... blacked out by a third party... I used my sources to have this uncovered, leading to the discovery of Project Insight, and how it related to the secret invasion of Hydra within S.H.I.E.L.D walls."

"And what of your source, Agent Silver?"

"After I dove deeper into the file, my apartment was then targeted for a sniper attack, I was lucky to escape with minimal injury. After finding safety, I realized my source would also be in danger." Blowing out a breath, YN tried to calm the beating of her heart, forcing away a lump that was forming in her throat. "He was later found dead in his apartment."

"How do you know these attacks were ordered by Alexander Pierce?"

YN chewed her lip, trying to keep her shoulders squared as the defense lawyer glared at her. "I remembered the way he spoke to me that day, the threatening tone in his voice, along with the clear intimidation tactics-"

"Objection! Speculation!" YN sighed, closing her eyes as she shook her head.

"Mr. Pierce had his hand in each pie, he ordered strike after strike on colleagues, friends. His name is all over the file."

"We understand the details would be hard to retell, there is substantial evidence claiming Pierce was the head of the snake, we just need to know how you came to that conclusion."

"Gut feeling." YN finished, smiling at the lawyer as he nodded.

"That's all your honor."

The room waited patiently as the defense lawyer got to her feet, shuffling through some paperwork with little interest. YN noticed it was a special tactic, trying to make YN fidget, get anxious. It wouldn't work, YN could spot purposeful time wasting a mile away.

"Miss Silver-"

"Agent Silver." YN interrupted, furrowing her eyebrows as the lawyer approached her.