Chapter Seventeen

The room was deathly silent as YN stared at the floor, her eyelids opening and shutting as exhaustion tried to pull her from consciousness. Her body was throbbing from the battering she'd received a few hours ago when she'd gotten a bit mouthy with a guard. Safe to say it was the last time she'd opened her mouth.

She knew her wrists were bleeding again, the ropes pinching at the skin and splitting it open. She could feel bruises along her sternum and over her back, most likely in the shape of the bigger guard's boot. YN's head lulled to the side as the door opened, a cocky looking Rumlow sauntering in.

"Good evening, Agent Silver." YN huffed in place of a response, too exhausted to try and gather enough saliva in her mouth to form a response. Rumlow growled, surging forward to grab YN's chin, forcing her head up so that she was blinking lazily at him. "Answer me when I speak to you."

YN chuckled, spitting blood onto Rumlows shirt. "Go to hell." She hissed, already prepared for the harsh slap that landed on her cheek.

Rumlow stepped back and YN's chin dropped to her chest, a wince being forced away. Her head was lifting again when the door reopened, the sound of something dragging catching her attention. Her eyes watched in horror as two men dragged an unconscious Tony through the door, his head dropping to the side as he was thrown onto a chair.

"Hey!" YN shouted, suddenly filled with rage induce energy. "What the fuck are you doing? Let him go!" Rumlow laughed, his chest shaking as he stepped toward the man held in ropes similar to YN's. YN was trembling with rage, her lip curling in distaste as Rumlow poked Tony's face, letting it fall to the side.

"It was nearly embarrassingly easy to get him to follow your friend," Rumlow started, smacking his lips. "Just sing a little song of optimism and his savior complex did the rest." YN seethed in the chair, praying to anyone that was listening that Tony was okay.

Rumlow left after a short spiel that YN barely listened to, too focused on watching Tony's chest rise and fall steadily. After they were left, mostly, alone, YN tried to gain Tony's attention. They were maybe three feet away from each other, so YN sunk low in her seat, using her leg to kick Tony's.

Groaning, the brunette lifted his head, his eyes fluttering open. YN sighed in relief, nearly slumping even further as her shoulders relaxed. Tony grumbled, trying to reef at the bounds encasing his wristed. "What the-"

"Hey! Tony!" YN whispered, shifting in her seat. The man lifted his gaze, his eyes widening as they met YN's. "What the hell happened?"

"I... You... How?" YN rolled her eyes, turning her head to see the guards watching them closely. "I was with your friend... Hanson?"

YN glared at the man, sighing in disappointment. "Why? Didn't you get my message?" She hissed. "He's compromised!"

"All you said was that the FBI was compromised, we didn't know if Hanson was a lead or a culprit!" YN groaned, rolling her head back in exasperation. "Are you okay? You look..." Tony winced, lowering his head.

"Stunning, I know." YN returned, licking her lip, grimacing as her tongue ran over a cut. "Does anyone know you're missing? Anyone waiting on you?" Tony nodded subtly, his mouth moving around the word 'Steve'. YN nodded, leaning back in her seat. "Hey, you two!" YN shouted, painting a smirk on her face that made even Tony stiffen.

"You want round two sweetheart?" YN rolled her eyes, watching Tony clench his teeth in the corner of her eye. "'Cause that can be arranged."

"Whilst that sounds lovely, what are we waiting for here?" The guards looked at each other, humorless laughs leaving their mouths. "Where's your boss gone?"