Chapter Eighteen

I think only two more chapters :( 

"YN?" YN blinked, not moving as she stared at the body beneath her. "YN!" Jumping, the gun fell from YN's hand as she released a breath.

Her gaze dragged over to Tony, whom was looking at her cautiously. YN licked her lips, stumbling back as her hands shook. Tony called to her again but YN didn't respond, falling to the floor near the other bodies, now surrounded with the men she'd put down.

YN's hands lifted to her ears as a loud buzz settled between them, the pulse of blood rushing through her head making her dizzy and nauseous. Tony struggled against the bounds on his wrists, trying to free himself as he watched in terror as YN fell into an anxiety attack.

"YN!" Tony shouted, hearing people rushing down the hall. "YN, come on baby, pull yourself out of it." YN's brilliant eyes soon found Tony's, the racing beat of her heart instantly slowing as she found comfort in those brown irises.

She got to her feet slowly, her bottom lip wobbling. Tony sighed, wishing more than anything he could console the woman that had just literally knocked on death's door, but the footsteps were growing closer and YN still wasn't moving.

"I need you to untie my wrists so we can get the hell out of here." YN swallowed, nodding as she stumbled forward and closer to Tony. "You do this and we'll get somewhere safe, you hear me?" Nodding again, YN's trembling hands started to unwound the ropes keeping Tony from reaching for the woman.

Finally free, Tony jumped to his feet, grabbing YN's shoulders and staring at her. YN stared back, biting harshly on her bottom lip to stop herself from crumbling right there in front of him. They moved toward the second exit, slipping through the door as the room behind them started to fill with armed men.

Meanwhile...

Steve tapped his foot as he stared at his phone, a bad feeling having settled in his stomach a long time ago. Natasha was staring at his with a raised eyebrow across the room. He was trying to keep his features schooled, knowing that the woman was good at picking up on the slightest change in mood.

"Either someone's died, or going to because you look like you're passing a kidney stone." Steve huffed in annoyance as Clint waltzed into the room, taking one look at Steve and already passing comment. "What's going on?"

"Have you heard from Stark?" Steve finally caved, pocketing his phone and turning to his teammates that stared at him in confusion.

"Nope, not since you guys left this morning." Steve nodded, his eyebrows pulling further down on his face. "Why? You two broken up?" Steve rolled his eyes, not bothering to retort.

"He was meant to call me earlier..." The two other Avenger's eyes narrowed, both getting to their feet at an eerily similar pace.

"What's going on, Cap?" Steve swallowed, chewing on the side of his mouth as they stepped in front of him, the picture of your worst nightmare. "Spill." Natasha pushed.

"YN went missing this morning, we had a lead and Tony was the only one who could go- hey what are you doing?" Natasha rolled her eyes as she leant over a computer, tapping the keyboard quickly.

"You and Stark are two halves of the same dumbass." Clint laughed, propping himself against the wall. "Your lead was clearly an ambush. Create a sense of urgency, then split the team. Classic." Steve clenched his fists at his side, anger boiling in his chest.

"Don't worry, Rogers. Your boyfriend isn't far, we have every CCTV in the city searching for his ugly mug." Natasha snickered, sucking on a coffee drink. "Look, there. Bam, amateurs." Natasha pointed to a camera in downtown Brooklyn where Tony was following Hanson into a small building. A few minutes a few men started dragging a Tony sized body from the door, his head covered by a sack.

Steve grunted, noting the vehicle that drove away quickly after their doors shut. Realizing it was the same vehicle as earlier, Steve had to swallow down a growl of annoyance. "What time was this?"

"About three hours ago," Natasha said, pulling up the time stamp. "I can follow the car through the city, but it'll take some time-" Everyone halted as Steve's phone rang in his back pocket, the captain fumbling for it, eyes widening as Tony's face appeared.

"Tony?" Steve said, quickly placing the phone against his ear. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, thanks honey, I'm okay." Steve rolled his eyes, still not totally trusting of the situation. "Got ambushed by our late friend Hanson." Steve made a noise of recognition, not picking up on the past tense reference in Tony's words. "I have YN, we're heading your way, be a dear and open the door?" Steve frowned, looking toward the floor to ceiling windows, his mouth falling open as he spotted Tony landing on the balcony, an unconscious YN in his arms.

Steve watched them enter with a concerned grimace, noting the bruises covering both YN and Tony's face. YN had slumped in Tony's arms, her body curled up tight against the metal chest of the billionaire's suit. Turning, Tony glanced at the tall blonde man before looking down at the woman in his clutches.

"I'm going to pass her to you while I get out of the suit, she won't let me put her down." Steve nodded tensely, holding out his large arms for Tony to deposit the woman into. Instantly, YN started to rouse, causing Tony to quickly step out of the suit and rush to the sofa to pick up a blanket.

YN was groaning when Tony took her back from Steve's arm, her breath steadying almost instantly as the more familiar smell filled her nostrils. "She doesn't look in great shape." Steve commented as they all followed Tony down the hall.

"Well, considering they basically drowned her nearly an hour ago, I'd say she is in better shape than she could be." Tony spat, his words falling from his mouth in a sinister tone. "She's exhausted, meaning I'm putting her to bed." The others nodded, stopping outside Tony's room. "We'll go over everything in the morning."

As the door closed, Steve swapped glances with his teammates, their eyes filled with concern for the young agent, that could have very well perished at the hands of their enemy.

"It's alright," Tony whispered on the other side of the door, pushing it shut with his foot. "I've got you." YN nodded, pressing her face against Tony's chest and making the older man's heart speed up in his chest.

Tony moved over to the bed to place the trembling woman down on the covers. He made a move to leave her side but felt his shirt being tugged. YN was looking up at him with fright in her eyes and Tony swallowed thickly. 

The past few hours had taken a toll of more than just their bodies, the two of them taking an emotional beating as well. Tony sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed and resting his hand on her head. "Don't leave me alone." She whispered, biting her lip as it wobbled. "I don't want to be alone."

Nodding, Tony gently fell beside her, their bodies not touching, but close enough that Tony was able to feel YN's breath glide across his skin. "It'll be okay, YN." He murmured, shifting forward just slightly so their legs were pressed together. "No one will hurt you."