Chapter 1

Shiro and Keith enter the front of the school. Shiro keeping close to his younger brother. "Look," Shiro starts, gaining Keith's attention. "Please do not start any fights today or get into any in general. I cant keep being called into the office because my brother can't seem to get along with anyone."

Keith groans, annoyed. "Its not always my fault. You don't understand how it is." He starts.

"Why?" Shiro stops and looks Keith in the eyes. "Just because I'm cool now you think I was never picked on?"

"Please, you've been like since elementary." Keith groans. "You dont know what it's like to be the kid everyone talks about because his mother abandoned him, his dad died in a fire doing his job, then being adopted by schools popular jocks family, and then being blamed for them dying in a car crash because I'm nothing but bad luck." He pushes past shiro and into the school.

Shiro sighs and follows him into the school.

Keith immediately makes himself disappear into the crowd, even Shiro can't find him. That's how he likes it, not being seen.

He hears as everyone greets Shiro though as if he is some sort of hero. Everyone loves Shiro but no one likes keith, no matter what he did to fit in.

Keith is so distracted by trying to blend into the crowd from Shiro and his friends that he doesn't notice he's about to run into another student.

"Oof!" Says the student.

Keith ends up on the floor. "Dammit! Sorry." He groans and tries to slip away but stops as soon as he sees bright hypnotizing eyes.

"No, I'm sorry." The other student states. "I didn't notice you right away."

"Yeah well thats the point." Keith states, wanting to run but can't seem to make his feet move.

"Lance," the other student introduces himself. "You're Keith kogane aren't you? Shiros little brother."

"Yeah good for you for knowing." Keith groans and finds his way of moving his feet but is stopped once again by a female with white hair and dark tan skin.

"Well hello." She greets with a smile.

"Yeah hi..." Keith mumbles and backs up.

"This is my friend Allura. Allura that's shiros little brother Keith, you know the one everyone seems to hate." Lance starts.

"Well then." She starts and looks to Keith. "You got spunk." She comments, catching Keith off guard.

"Uh thanks?" Is all Keith can reply with.

"Hey! Hunk! Pidge! Come meet someone!" Lance shouts to two other friends. One big bulky tan boy shows up and a smaller female with glasses follows. "This is Keith, shiros little brother."

"Oh yeah the kid that can take and serve a punch!" Pidge states. "Damn what you did to Griffin last week was a master piece!"

"For real!" Hunk agrees. "I hear he's still having to drink his meals."

"Uh yeah thanks." Keith tries looking for a way to get out of the uncomfortable situation.

"Keith!" Shiros voice catches his attention. Shiro comes walking up to him and Lance's group. "Keith, let's go. You hang around them you asking for more trouble." He whispers.

He takes Keith away without speaking to the group.

"How rude!" Lance shouts annoyed.

"What was that about?" Keith asks.

"You never heard of that group?" Shiro asks. "You think people hate you now?" He looks around. "They hate them more. There's something not right about all of them."

"But isn't pidge Matt's sister?" Keith asks, just now thinking of the resemblance and the memories of growing up with her as Matt and Shiro hung out alot.

"Yeah well I don't even talk with Matt anymore." Shiro states. "No one does."

"Why?" Keith asks.

"Ever since Lance came to this school, pidge and Matt have been acting different. Infact, allura even use to be prom queen and everything till-"

"Till Lance showed up?" Keith asks.

"Yup." Shiro answers. "If you were more social and not rowdy you'd know this."

Keith looks back at the group and sees that Lance is watching mainly him. "What makes them weird?"

"They miss alot of school when it's sunny out, they don't ever eat when sitting in the cafeteria, and they are always around each other." Shiro.

"Uh okay?" Keith is still confused. "I've never seen them here before though."

"That's because you are usually suspended." Shiro states. "And ontop of that it's been sunny lately." Shiro looks back and sees Lance focusing on Keith. "Just stay away from them as much as you can."

"Fine..." Keith groans.

Shiro leaves Keith to head to the library for his study hall and Keith to head to his science class. And as soon as Shiro enters the library there he is, Matt.

Shiro takes a moment and then walks up to his past friend. "Matt we have an issue." He starts up.

"You refuse to speak or see me for almost three years and yet this is what you come storming to me about? Why should I help you with any issues you got yourself into?" Matt replies, sarcastically.

"Your sister and her friends seem to have an eye for my brother, Keith." Shiro starts.

"So? At least my sister and her friends are being nice to him." Matt replies.

"You know exactly what I mean!" Shiro slams the table.

"Shiro, pidge and Keith grew up together. Now pidge and Keith might not remember everything since we no longer speak to one another and both of them have changed drastically but why is it so bad that they like your brother? I dont see your friends being nice to him." Matt spits.

"If they dare lay a finger on him I will end you and that little clan of yours." Shiro threatens.

"Spoken like a true hunter." Matt sighs, annoyed. "Alas, I don't have control. I maybe the eldest but I'm not the leader." He adds. "So whatever he wants he gets."

"Matt! I swear-"

"Yes, I know. I haven't heard it a million times!" Matt throws a book at Shiro. "Why don't you let Keith find out who they are his way? You want him to have friends then maybe they are those friends."

"Never!" Shiro growls and storms off to the very far end of the library.