Chapter 3

The end of the day finally arrives. Shiro is waiting for Keith by his car but Keith is no where to be seen.

"Looking for someone?" Matt grabs shiros attention.

"Where's keith?" Shiro growls.

"Why don't you check your phone?" Matt points.

Shiro does so and sees a text from Keith. 'Going to hang out with my new friends. I'll see you at home.'

"I told you-"

"Last I checked its Keith's choice. And I see no wrong with it as long as he isn't getting into any trouble." Matt interrupts.

"Keith doesn't need to hang out with you freaks." Shiro growls.

"So what you just not going to let Keith have any friends? That's terrible." Matt taunts.

"I know what Lance wants and Keith is too vulnerable-"

"Keith is stronger than you think." Matt interrupts again. "Maybe if you and your friend weren't such jerks to him he wouldn't need us FREAKS as friends."

"Dont forget I know what you are and I will-"

"You'll what? Reveal our secret? Destroy your brothers happiness?" Matt taunts again. "That's terrible." Matt starts walking away from Shiro, who is fumming from anger. "For a hunter, you sure can't seem to keep your brother happy and safe." He adds before disappearing.

Lance and his friends meet bring Keith to a house way up in the mountains. "Why do you live way up here?" Keith asks.

"To keep those weirdos away." Lance answers. "Its the only place we all feel, well unjudged."

"You all live here?" Keith now asks.

"Yup." Lance answers.

"Come on inside, Coran most likely has something delicious made." Allura speaks.

"Coran?" Keith isn't familiar with this name.

"Our guardian." Allura answers. "He took Lance, pidge, Matt, and Hunk in when they were kicked out of their homes."

"What?" Keith is shocked by this news.

"Yeah even our folks thinks we're freaks." Lance jumps in and enters the house. Keith looks around at the huge white house. He is stunned.

"Well it sounds like my crew has returned from school-" a man with ginger hair and mustach comes around the corner. "Well hello." He greets Keith. "Who do we have here?"

"This is keith." Lance answers.

"He and I know each other from years ago." Pidge jumps in. "Matt and his brother use to hang out."

"Well welcome to our home. If you need anything please let me know. " coran smiles and looks to Lance. "A word please."

Lance tells the others to show Keith around and as soon as Keith is out of hearing reach, coran and him talk.

"Does he know?" Coran asks.

"Not yet. But he doesnt even know about Shiro either." Lance answers.

"Are you using this lad to get to shiro?" Coran now asks.

"No." Lance answers. "He needs friends and shiros friends sure don't seem welcoming."

"Are you sure the others can control themselves around him?" Coran asks.

"So far so good. They don't even seem tempted." Lance answers.

"Well just be careful." Coran warns. "If anything happens you know what you need to do."

"Yup." Lamce answers then goes up the stairs to join the others.

Matt arrives shortly after and sees coran.

"You meet Keith yet?" Matt asks.

"Indeed I did. I'm just concerned of the fact he's the hunters baby brother." Coran answers.

"Well Lance thinks there's something special about this kid." Matt states. "And you know Lance, he wants something he gets it."

"Indeed but still if we are found out-"

"I know I know." Matt interrupts.

"Do I need to worry about the hunter showing up?" Coran now asks.

"No. He wouldn't dare ruin his little brother's happiness." Matt states, happy with himself.

After they finish the house tour Lance decides to steal Keith from the group and take him into his room. "You guys go ahead and start a movie without us. I wanna talk with keith." Lance states and closes his door.

"Uh is this were you are gonna kill me or tell me to leave?" Keith asks, actually concerned.

"No." Lance answers, smiling. "I wanna ask a few questions I couldn't in school because of your brother and his friends."

"I don't want to talk about them." Keith states.

"I get it." Lance replies, actually meaning it. "Its just why do they call you such slurs?" He asks.

"Like what?" Keith asks.

"Faggot." Lance answers bluntly.

"Because I'm gay." Keith answers, not knowing why he was comfortable telling Lance.

"Wanna know a secret?" Lance leans in. "I'm bi." He states.

"The others?" Keith asks.

"Pidge, she's pansexual, Hunks straight, and allura is lesbian." Lance answers.

"What about Matt and coran?" Keith now asks.

"Matt, he's I don't even know." Lance chuckles a bit. "Coran, he's well not attracted to anyone." He states. "Except maybe his own reflection."

Both Keith and Lance chuckle at this.

"You're interesting." Lance blurts.

"What?" Keith is taken by surprise.

"You're interesting. I like you already. You will fit in just fine with us." Lance explains.

"So wait, im-"

"Welcome to our friend group!" Lance pulls him into an embrace. "Now let's go join the others for a movie."

Before Keith can agree his phone starts ringing. He looks and groans annoyed. It's Shiro. "What?"

"You need to come home now!" Shiro growls. "Its getting dark."

"I'll be home when Lance gives me a ride home." Keith growls.

"No! I'll pick you up!" Shiro growls back.

"Dont do that." Keith begs.

"Then come home now!" Shiro orders. "And don't bring those freaks over." He adds then hangs up.

"Brothers..." Keith groans.

"Need a ride home?" Lance asks.

"Sadly, yes." Keith answers.

"Well I'll bring you home." Lance answers and leads Keith downstairs. Lance drives Keith straight home and pulls up infront of Keith's apartment building. "I'll see you tomorrow?" Lance asks.

"Yeah, where should I look for you guys?" Keith asks.

"You'll find us where you ran into me." Lance chuckles. "See you later, gorgeous."

A slight blush creeps on Keith's face. He hides the rest of his face with his hair. "Yeah." He shyly responds and gets out of the car.