chapter 5

Shiro starts pacing around in his room, starring at his cell phone. Keith hasn't bothered to text or call him since he ran from the car.

The only texts he received was from his friends, "Dude, What's with the kid? You hit him?" And "what you do to piss off the punk?"

Shiro ignored them, he feels terrible for how and what he said to Keith. He should be a better brother but just seems he can't.

Shiro had enough and called Keith himself.

Lance and Keith are sitting on the couch watching pidge and Hunk play video games. They two bickering like a couple of who's screen peaking and who's cheating.

Lance has his arm wrapped around Keith, holding him close. And Keith just snuggled comfortably against Lance. 

Keith phone begins to ring and when he checks he immediately denies the call.

"Shiro?" Lance asks.

"Yup." Keith answers, annoyed.

"Probably trying to see if he's with the big bad vampires. Probably trying to accuse us of turning him or eating him." Pidge jumps in.

"Knowing him, that's true." Hunk mumbles.

"Yeah, well I'm not answering him." Keith states. "Does he know where you live?"

"If he does he can't just show up. That's invading territories." Lance answers.

"Well then I don't have to worry about that then." Keith states relieved.

Shiro groans, annoyed. "Keith, come on..." He tries again. His call immediately goes to voice-mail.

Shiro continues to try for a whole hour. And finally gives up.

Lance notices all the miss calls on Keith's phone (110). He looks over and sees Keith has fallen asleep ontop of him. Lance can't help but smile. "Hey!" He whispers to pidge and Hunk. "Imma take Keith to bed in my room. Keep me posted if Shiro decides to break the treaty."

"Will do." Pidge whispers back.

Lance grabs ahold of Keith and carries him bridal style to his room. He lays Keith on one side of the bed and covers him up. Lance just lays awake next to Keith on the bed, just looking at the peacefully sleeping human.

The next morning Shiro makes it to school and begins to look for Keith and his friends to make sure they haven't done anything. But to his disappointment Keith and the others were gone.

"Have you guys seen Keith and that weird group?" He asks his friends.

"No, rumor has it that Keith is skipping school with them. He's apparently becoming one of them, skipping school on sunny days." One friend said.

"Oh geez!" Shiro immediately storms out of the school ignoring teachers and his friends. He hops into his car and drives off.

Lance is still laying in bed watching Keith sleep away. He can't stop himself. Keith's eyes slowly open, revealing his purple galaxy eyes. "Hey." Keith tiredly mumbles.

"Morning, beautiful." Lance greets back.

"What time is it?" Keith asks.

"If you're asking because of school, we have you covered. Coran called in for you saying he was taking you on a hike with our family. The school never argues with Coran since he's a history professor." Lance explains.

"What about shiro?" Keith asks, slowly sitting up. "Hes probably throwing a tantrum..."

"Lance!" Pidges voice comes booming into the room.

"What?" Lance asks as soon as pidge budges her way into the room.

"Visitor." She answers.

"Stay put." Lance orders Keith.

"If it's Shiro I need to handle it." Keith tries.

"If it's Shiro he broke the treaty by invading our territory. I cant protect you if other vampires from the council show up." Lance explains.

"Council?" Keith is taken by surprise.

"I'll explain later." Lance states and heads out the room.

Shiro slams the car door closed and is met by the entire crew standing outside of their home.

"Where is keith?! What have you done to him?!" He begins to shout.

"We haven't done anything." Lance answers. "You're the only ome breaking the treaty."

"Fuck the treaty! You turned him didn't you?! Or worse you fed off him?!" Shiro gets in Lance face.

"We have done nothing to your brother." Coran separates the two. "We have kept to the words of the treaty. And like Lance said you are the only one breaking the treaty."

"We can let it slide once if you leave now. But if you refuse we will need to bring the council into this." Allura threatens.

"I'm not leaving without keith!" Shiro growls.

"He doesn't want to live with you anymore. You really hurt him Shiro. Your ego getting in the way as usual." Matt jumps in.

"Its best you leave." Lance now threatens.

Shiro doesn't budge.

"Get out of here shiro!" Everyone turns and see Keith. "Just go away."

"Keith!" Shiro budget past them and and to the other human. He looks him over for bite marks and such and checks his teeth. "Did they bite you?"

"No!" Keith shoves Shiro off. "But at this point it wouldn't matter. You can't do anything about it if it was me willingly letting them feed off me or turn me."

"That's what they told you? They are lying."

"No Shiro, I read the treaty." Keith states. "You're the only one breaking the treaty and you need to leave now or deal with what comes next."

Shiro groans. "You're coming home with me." He grabs keith by the arm, pretty roughly, that it bruises.

"No!" Keith shouts and tries to get free.

"He said no!" Lance jumps in. and as if Shiro weighted nothing, throws him to his car.

"I rather be turned then go back to living with you!" Keith states.

"You're a traitor keith." Shiro growls and gets back into his car. He drives off in a major huff.

Lance takes a look at Keith's arm and sees the bruises already forming. "You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah." Keith answers. "Coran...I hate to be a burden b-"

"You may indeed stay with us. I wouldn't ever feel okay sending you back there." Coran interrupts Keith.

"Well, I haven't even asked you out properly and already we are living together." Lance jokes.

"It isn't going to put any of you on edge with a human here is it?" Keith asks.

"Dont worry about us, keith." Matt jumps in. "We are considered vampire vegetarians. We only hunt animals."

"You can stay in my room with me." Lance states. "Coran can call and let the school know you are living with us for now on." He takes Keith's hand in his. Keith hides his face to hide the blush that is forming.