Chapter 8

*Keith's p.o.v.*

I try to take one last look to Lance but Hunk and pidge were persistent at getting me out of the house.

We ran to the garage and I sat in the back seat. Hunk took the wheel and pidge in the front passenger. No hesitation we head out of town.

I look out the window watching the town zoom by. The ride is completely quiet for awhile. Till pidge turns around to look at me.

"Dont worry about Lance, he's pretty good at not being killed." She tries.

"Why are you doing this for me? Shouldn't you be ashamed that I'm a-"

"We dont care what you are. I've known you for years. And Lance loves you. You are family and family protects each other." Pidge interrupts me.

"Plus man, you had no idea. Those hunters kept alot of information from you." Hunk jumps in.

"How did they get away with it if they are hunters?" I ask.

"My guess is they were hoping our natural enemy would help them out of wiping us out. But even werewolves wouldn't stoop so low and help them." Pidge answers.

"Didn't coran mention something about the werewolves being too busy looking for a child that's been missing for years?" Hunk asks.

"I think he did." Pidge answers.

"You think that kid is me?" I ask.

"Mother was brutally beaten and killed and her pup was taken away. His human dad killed in a fire." Pidge explains. "That's you."

I say nothing and look out the window. Do I really have a family that is looking for me?

"Thing is I don't know how accepting they will be of you and lance." Pidge grabs my attention.

"You guys accept me why won't they accept him?"

"We arent like other vampires." Pidge reminds me.

My phone then rings and there is shiros number. This time I answer it.

"Keith where are you?!" He demands to know.

"I'm leaving." I answer. "I'm leaving town."

"What the fuck?!" He screams. "You come home now!"

"Why should I? I know it's you that called the council." I state. "You're trying to get me and Lance's family killed."

"I'll call them off if you come home." He tries.

"Goodbye shiro!" Pidge interrupts and grabs my phone. She throws it out the window.

"Wait how will lance-"

"Our phones." She answers. "Shiro will track your phone and come for you. He isn't going to play nice anymore. "

I nod knowing Shiro is now in a dark place and is no longer my brother.

I must have fallen asleep in the car because as soon as I open my eyes it's dark out and we are in a whole new state.

"Where are we?" I ask as I get out of the car look around and see Hunk grabbing bags. 

"Cant say incase they are listening." He answers and leads me up into the hotel where pidge meets us up in a room. 

"Can I call Lance?" I ask them.

"I wish I could say yes but its best not to incase the council still is around them." Pidge answers and hands me a room key. "I suggest you try not to leave unless Hunk or I or both are with you. We don't know exactly where they have members of the council, Coran does but we dont."