chapter 4

The next day:

Keith walks into the school building, leaving Shiro in the dust. "I don't think your friends are gonna show." Shiro states. "Its sunny out, they never show when it's sunny out."

"Shut up, shiro." Keith growls and disappears. But sadly enough Shiro was right. None of them were in school today. And he can't text them being that he forgot to ask for their numbers.

So throughout the day Keith avoided the crowds like he use to, stayed away from the cafeteria, and at the end of the day met Shiro up at his car.

"I told you that they weren't going to be here." Shiro states.

"What is it with you and this school treating them like freaks?!" Keith shouts. "Why is it you can't seem to accept that I have friends now you all are the reason why they don't show up?!"

"Keith!" Shiro tries to jump in.

"Why is it that when I'm finally happy you gotta make them the worst people on the fucking planet?!" Keith continues.

"Keith!"

"What did you do?! Did you call Matt and threaten him?!" Keith growls.

"Keith! They are vampires!" Shiro shouts. Keith looks at him like he's an idiot. "They are vampires: Matt, pidge, hunk, allura, and lance."

"Vampires dont exist." Keith states.

"Yes they do. And I'm a hunter. I hunt those freaks but I can't kill these freaks due to a treaty the family and them have." Shiro explains.

"What treaty?" Keith asks.

"If they don't feed on anyone in this town I don't hunt them. If they don't turn anyone else in this town, I don't hunt them." Shiro explains.

"Anyone else?"

"Allura was a vampire when she first moved here and so was Lance. However, Lance went crazy and turned Hunk and pidge. Pidge turned Matt. Families found out and shunned them. Allura and he creator, Coran, took them all in. Coran promised me they would not feed or turn anyone in this town and if they break that treaty then I hunt them."

"Okay now wanna tell me the real reason why no one likes them?" Keith still doesn't believe him.

"Everyone else don't know what they are they just think they are people who just don't belong." Shiro states.

"If they are vampires why would they hang around a human?" Keith asks.

"Because you're a hunters baby brother. They want to taint me." Shiro answers.

"You know, not everything is about you?!" Keith growls. "Maybe for once there's a group of people who like me for me!"

"No one will like you Keith! You're just some punk that can't seem to listen!" Shiro snaps. He realizes what he said and looks to Keith shocked, who looks like he was just staked in the chest. "Keith i-" Keith gets out of the car and runs off. "Keith!"

Other students watch as Shiro calls out to the now running away kid. Everyone looks over to Shiro, whispering and gossiping.

Shiro gets in his car and drives off fast.

Keith is running to the one place he knows will accept him. He makes it to that big white house. Before he can even ring the bell, Coran is at the door.

"Keith! What a pleasure to see you here!" Coran greets him with a giant smile. "I'll let Lance and the others know you are here." He let's Keith into the house.

Lance is immediately sliding down the stairs before coran says anything. "Hey mullet!" Lance greets. "Everything okay?"

"No." Keith answers. Lance goes from getting to serious.

"Coran hold off on letting the others know." Lance stops coran. "Keith come with me." He leads Keith away from everyone else. "What's wrong?" He asks, looking Keith over. "Someone at school hurt you?"

"Not exactly." Keith answers. "Its shiro."

"What did he do?" Lance asks.

"Told me some ridiculous story about all of you being vampires and that I will never be accepted by anyone because I'm just some punk and you all are just using me to get to shiro." Keith explains.

"That huge ego of that moron..." Lance groans. "Keith, we aren't hanging out with you to get to shiro. We could careless about him." He begins. "We like you for you and I kind of want to know you even more."

"What about the vampire part?" Keith asks.

"Uh..." Lance nervously laughs. "I was gonna tell you way after we got to know each other alot better." He explains.

"Wait! What?!" Keith is thrown back.

"Yeah, vampires exist." Lance answers and shows his fangs. "Allura and coran were the first two, then allura turned me when I got into a serious car accident. I turned pidge and Hunk so that I had friends that I wouldn't kill and pidge turned Matt because Matt was tired of being human." He explains.

"Was this when Shiro stopped speaking to matt?" Keith asks.

"Your huge ego brother is a hunter. He hunts our kind." Lance explains further. "But he's just pissy because he can't now because we haven't turned anyone since matt."

"So why do you choose to hang out with me then?" Keith asks.

"Personally," Lance grabs keith by the hand. "I kind of find you more than interesting. Almost intoxicating. Even though we just met."

Keith looks away, trying to hide the blush on his face.

"Well that secret didn't last long..." pidge interrupts the two. "Didn't even last two days."

"Well..." lance is at a lost for reasons.

"Well either way at least now we can act like ourselves." Pidge slides down the stairs. "Now you know why Shiro plays victim that Matt apparently ended their friendship."

"Yeah." Keith agrees really hating Shiro now. "I cant go back home. I can't be around him knowing this."

"I'm sure coran won't mind you staying here." Lance states. "Just will need to stay in my room with me, I'm less tempted to eat ya." He chuckles.

"He might not feed off ya but I can't promise he won't eat ya another way." Pidge jumps in.

"Pidge!"