Chapter 2

The middle of the day has finally arrived for Keith. He's relieved he can go home soon. Ever sense he went to first class he's had people shoving him around and knocking him to the floor. He was even pinned against the lockers in the hallway being called 'faggot', 'black cat', 'unwanted child', and much worse.

Keith finishes dressing for PE and enters the gym. He goes straight to the bleachers away from everyone else. At least he thought he was.

"Well hey there!" He was greeted by the student from before, lance.

"Hey." Keith replies, trying to look uninterested.

"I'm guessing you were lectured about how weird my friends and I are?" Lance sits next to Keith.

"Yup." Keith answers.

"Well your brother is surely one to talk." Lance chuckles. "I don't see him making his friends nice towards you."

"No one's nice to me." Keith states.

"Well we don't mind you." Lance adds, gaining Keith's full attention. Keith looks into Lance's eyes and immediately is pulled back into them, just like earlier. "I mean pidge did mention you two use to hang out because Matt and Shiro use to."

"Yeah but that was long time ago." Keith states.

"Well I'm going to guess that Shiro says it's because Matt and pidge changed after they met me." Lance chuckles.

"Yeah?" Keith is starting to wonder if Lance is now just another punching bag in this school for jerks.

"Well truth be told and you can ask pidge and matt," Lance looks around really quick then leans closer to Keith. "Shiro is the one who changed. Shiro became popular and started to treat Matt like crap. Then when pidge joined the school she was picked on to by Shiro and his friends."

"Seriously?" Keith is shocked by this.

"I mean come on. It's obvious." Lance states. "You'd think his friends be nice to you because your his brother but instead they make fun of your misfortune." He adds.

"True." Keith is really starting to see the real reason why Shiro told him to stay away. It's because Shiro doesn't want to be seen as the one in the wrong.

"Hey, why don't you sit with us at lunch?" Lance offers.

"Sure." Keith answers. He wants to know more about Lance for some odd reason.

"You two!" The gym teacher shouts at the two teens. "Get down here! It's mile day!" She shouts.

"Ugh!" Keith groans.

"Mind if I run with ya?" Lance asks.

"Be my guest." Keith answers and heads down to join the class.

After the mile run the two make it to the locker room. Lance looks like he hasn't broken a sweat but Keith is exhausted. "Hey you okay?" Lance asks.

"Yeah, I'm not much of a runner." Keith answers.

"Oh, sorry was I running too fast for you? I dont know my speed sometimes."

"No, just dont run alot." Keith replies.

"Well I'll get dressed and wait for you." Lance offers.

"Okay." Keith replies without thinking.

'Why am I letting him be around me? Why is he being nice?' Keith asks himself.

Shiro is eating lunch with his friends when he sees Keith enter with Lance and his crew. "Oh no...." Shiro mumbles to himself.

"Dude! Ain't that your freaky brother with those freaks?" Shiros friend asks.

"Uh, no it can't be." Shiro is in denial.

"It is. Dude that's messed up." One other friend states.

Shiro watches the group sit at their table. Lance sitting too close to Keith for shiros liking.

"Dude, you're brother might have a boyfriend." One of his friends states.

"If it was some other guy it be fine but that Lance guy is a freak." Another one states.

"Should we go say something?" One of the cheerleaders at the table asks.

"No, it just looks like I need to make do on a promise." Shiro growls.

Shiro watches the freak table too closely that it catches Lance's attention. Lance smiles a devilish smile and then wraps an arm around Keith shoulders and goes back to laughing with the rest of the group.

"I really think your brother caught that freaks attention." One of shiros friends state.

"I hear that Lance guy hasn't had a boyfriend or girlfriend since he's been here at this school or has shown no interest in anyone in his group or anyone else." A cheerleader states. "I think your weird little brother has caught his attention for sure."

"Seriously dude, you know that means bad news right?" Another friend states. "Hes gonna be one of them."

"There's no way. I just need to have a talk with him when we get home." Shiro tries mostly to convince himself. 

He hears Keith laughing, actually laughing and looks over at that table again. Lance has not moved his arm once. Keith doesn't even seem to try to break away from him either.

Shiro can't take it anymore. He slams the table and storms off.

Lance notices, grins in victory, and goes back to focusing on Keith.

Keith is actually having fun for once and feels welcomed. He, for some reason, even doesn't seem to mind Lance touching him.