Part 8 | Solution

You returned from talking to the flight attendant to find Tom's seat empty. You were slightly disappointed but pulled out your book and began reading, humming quietly to yourself.

"I have a solution!"

Startled, you dropped the book. Tom bent down and picked it back up, placing it down on the side table and grabbing your hands.

"I have a solution!" he repeated happily, sitting down beside you with a huge smile on his face.

"To what?" you asked mystified.

"To El being stuck at home all the time! I talked to Taika and he said he needs an assistant to help around the studio with filming and directing scenes and he said El could do it if she wants!" he explained excitedly. He finished, waiting for your reaction.

You leapt into his lap, wrapping your arms around his neck. "You are the best human ever to exist" you mumbled into his neck. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around you.

"Thank you so much" you sniffled, looking up at him. "It worried me so much, her being by herself all the time and now I can see her all day and she can be happier" you said, tears brimming over.

He kissed your forehead gently before tucking your head under his chin. "You're more than welcome darling" he whispered.

"Can we tell her when her and her boyfriend wake up?" you asked, looking behind you at the sleeping pair.

"Of course" he said with a grin. "Although they seem to be enjoying themselves" he smirked.

"They do" you replied, snickering.

"Hey lovers" RDJ said, smirking as he walked over. Suddenly his eyes widened. "Tom you bastard you made her cry!" he exclaimed, rushing over.

You rolled your eyes as Tom sighed.

"As if I would ever do that" he scoffed. "She was crying because she was happy" he added. Robert relaxed.

"What, did you propose?" Scarlett asked with a smirk, waltzing up beside the ironman actor.

"No!" you and Tom both exclaimed.

"It was about El, she can be Taika's new assistant if she wants to" you said with a little smile.

"And that explains why you're sitting on his lap?..." she said, her smirk widening.

"I got excited and jumped up give him a hug Scarlett, get your head out of the gutter" you said, kissing Tom's cheek and hopping up, poking Scarlett in the ribs as you walked past.

"Oh Thomas, you seem to be blushing" she said with a grin after you had walked away.

"Shush" Tom answered, his face red.

----------------------------------------------------------

El was overjoyed. She had started crying and ran over to hug you and Tom, almost strangling you both.

"That's third time you've hugged a crying girl today" you said with a grin when she had gone back to Chris. "Must be quite the ladies man" you teased. He rolled his eyes.

"So, how are you and Taylor?" you asked, trying to be casual. You wanted to see if the rumours were true to see if you had the slightest glimmer of hope.

Probably not.

"What about her?" he asked, confused. Then he groaned. "Please don't tell me you've been listening to those stupid magazines?" he questioned.

"Not listening, just curious. So there's nothing between you two?" you asked, perking up.

"No. Why, were you jealous?" he asked suddenly, a grin forming at the corner of his lips.