02. Sixth Year

The bustling station and cold weather of autumn filled her nose

The bustling station and cold weather of autumn filled her nose. She looked around platform 9 and 10 before running into the brick wall with her parents and brother.

"Are you ready for 6th year, Y/N? and 7th for you, Theo?" Newt Scamander asked as they walked in the busy platform.

"I'm excited, really," Y/N expressed.

"I will have NEWTs this year, not very exciting," her brother shook his head.

"Don't worry, dear! I'm sure you'll do great!" her mother, Tina said encouragingly.

There was a noise signaling them that it was almost time. "Look! the train's about to move. Go on, we will miss you very much!"

No time for her to reply, both her parents have already engulfed her and Theodore in a hug. Y/N smiled, feeling sad that she has to leave her parents again; but excited to meet her friends.

"No trouble okay?"
"Don't get expelled like me!"

"I'll see you soon Mum and Dad!" she laughed as she walked to the scarlet train. Y/N pushed her trunk and took Winter —her owl— to find a compartment.

☽♡♢♤♧☾

On her way there, she bumped into someone. Y/N looked up to say sorry but she instead saw a familiar face smiling at her. "Remus!" she greeted the boy.

"Hi, Y/N!" the boy greeted way too cheerfully. Y/N felt herself blushing and noticing she blushed, Remus turned red too.

She noticed he got new scars, she wanted to ask but she knew he'll come up with an excuse.

Y/N smiled up at him, she was about to say something but a girl's voice interrupted her, "Y/N SCAMANDER,"

Y/N turned around and saw her auburn-haired best friend waving her hands in the air, "LILY EVANS" she exclaimed gleefully. Y/N quickly rushed to her compartment, waving a small goodbye to Remus as he slid inside a compartment.

"Is Mar here yet?" Y/N asked.

"No she isn't, I suppose she's in the other side of the train with her Ravenclaw friends."

"Oh okay then, anyways, how's your summer?" she questioned her friend as she sat down and placed her owl's cage.

"Great, I didn't do much actually. All the letters that you and Mar sent were the only thing that accompanied me through. How about you?" Lily smiled.

"I visited Belgium and it was marvelous, they have really nice choc-" before she could finish her sentence, the door to their compartment was opened, revealing four boys.

One with glasses and a charming smile; the other with shoulder length jet black hair, a cocky grin plastered across his face; a short boy holding his wand; and lastly, the boy Y/N met earlier, his sandy hair spread messily on his forehead and a book clutched in his hand.

"Hello ladies, you wouldn't mind if we sit here, would you," Sirius asked —well more like a statement because he sat on the compartment already, along with James who's sitting beside Lily.

Remus gave a smile to Y/N before sitting down, Peter following behind.

"I hope Mulciber won't be Quidditch captain this year," James said while running his fingers through his messy hair, which earned an eye roll from Lily.

"I hope Mulciber is," Lily replied dryly, not looking at any of them.

"Let's put this little moth in their compartment," Sirius smirked, completely ignored Lily and pulled a dark blue pouch from his pocket —apparently a moth was inside.

Y/N looked skeptically at him and fought back an urge to let the moth fly away.

The trolley lady came right after Sirius and James got out, she bought herself a cauldron cake before grabbing a book she previously read and continue reading it.

"Interesting choice of book," Remus, who're sitting beside her acknowledged.

"I like folklores for some reason. They're so imaginative," replied she, eyeing the cover of her book.

Remus hummed in response while nodding in agreement and started to read from his own book, too. James and Sirius came back, snickering like a maniac and quickly locked the compartment.

"How'd it go?" Peter asked amused.

"Splendidly," Sirius shortly smirked. "We missed the trolley! Did you guys get something for me?" he gasped.

"No," Remus replied, his eyes still firmly in his book.

"You betrayed me, Moony!" Sirius and James cried, pointing their fingers accusingly at him.

James snatched his book and flipped the pages carelessly so Remus wouldn't know the last page he had just read.

"Sitting with Marlene would've been a wiser choice for the two of us," Lily grumbled at Y/N grimly.

"I think they're quite amusing," Y/N shrugged.