06. Hogsmeade Trip

Y/N woke up with the voice of Lily Evans shouting her name: "Y/N Y/N Y/N Hogsmeade today! Y/N! Y/N!"

"Lily," Y/N mumbled into her blanket.

"Good morning, now get ready for the trip or we'll miss the train! C'mon get up now!" Lily cheered.

"Okay, fine fine," she quickly got up and turned on the shower.

She got ready as fast as she could, putting a brown coat over her —since it was extremely cold outside. Once she was done, Lily grabbed her arms and went to the common room; searching for Marlene.

☽♡♢♤♧☾

The street was full of students, teachers, and villagers. Snow flying around in the air, the winter breeze brushing around their bodies.

The three of them went inside the Three Broomsticks to buy some butterbeers to warm themselves.

"Three butterbeers please!" said Marlene to the barista.

"No! seven butterbeers are needed!"

The three of them turned around and saw the Marauders. Sirius happily walked in; James putting an arm around Lily; Remus sending a warm smile at Y/N's direction; and Peter walking beside him.

Lily huffed and swatted James' arm away. She walked away, dragging Y/N and Marlene along to sit at the back of the pub.

The Marauders are quick to find them. Sirius sat in the middle of the table with his arms on top of the chairs, obnoxiously flirting with some lady that was sitting alone beside the windowsill.

James pulled Lily to sat together beside Sirius. The redhead crossed her arms —huffing irritatingly at their presence.

Even when James talked the slightest, she would roll her eyes —that hurts him but he decided to not show it.

Remus sat next to Y/N, his heart beating madly. Y/N seemed to sense that. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine, just a bit cold" he came up with a quick lie —wrapping his jacket around tighter.

She nodded then the barista came with seven butterbeers. The seven of them drank their butterbeers while chatting excitedly about their new pranks.

"I'm going to Zonko's after this to prank some Slytherins. I've heard they got new cool stuff, I'm definitely checking it out," Sirius grinned happily as he continue to sip his drink.

Y/N's hand would accidentally grazed over Remus' as they talk, making the both of them froze in awkwardness. But she decided to play it off and just chuckled silently.

The doorbell rang, two people walked in and she heard her name being called.

"Hi, Y/N," one of the boy said, waving his hands to her direction.

"Hello!" she waved back; smiling at him. They weren't really close, she only talked to him during Christmas last year in the US. Remus' blood burned when she saw her smile.

The two boys walked away after returning her smile to order their drinks.

"Who's that?" Remus asked, furrowing his brows at their direction.

"Is our Moony jealous?" Sirius questioned as he narrowed his eyes at him, a large smirk growing across his face. "You know what, I don't even have to ask because looking at his face, he clearly is!"

Now the whole table turned to face Y/N and Remus with curious eyes.

The tall boy glared at Sirius dangerously. His face was red either because of the cold or because of the embarrassment.

Y/N chuckled in response, shaking her head slightly. "Duncan Goldstein, he's my cousin. And that's Diggory, never talked to him. I guess he just happened to be there?" she shrugged cluelessly.

Remus made an 'O' shape with his lips, seeming to be more relaxed than before. James noticed this and grinned to himself, knowing that his mate got eyes for a certain Scamander.

"Last one to get out of this pub have to buy us sweets from Honeydukes!" Sirius shouted and ran to the door.

The rest followed him after except James who were eye-snogging Lily. He then payed for the five angrily.

☽♡♢♤♧☾

"Moony, when are you going to admit it?" James groaned as he threw his jacket on his bed.

"What, Prongs?" Remus acted dumb; though he knew what he's talking about.

"Oh come one, Moony!" cried Sirius. "We know you like Y/N, you're not very good at hiding it!"

"I'm not!" he blushed at her name and hid his face in his hands.

"Then why're you asking her about that Goldstein and Diggory boy in Hogsmeade?" James questioned, raising his brows.

"I'm curious that's all, I've never seen them before," Remus shrugged.

"Well me, Wormtail, and Padfoot aren't curious about them," James smirked at him while Sirius agreed happily.

"Peter please help me here," Remus sighed, looking over at Peter.

"What they're saying is true," he nudged his head to James and Sirius.

"You're no help," he plopped down to his bed.

"You haven't answered our question about why you're curious!"

"You weren't questioning,"

"But we need answers,"

"Because I care, unlike you three," he said but immediately regret it.

"So are you saying that you care about her?" Sirius gasped loudly.

"Fine, I do like her." he confessed shyly.

"Oh don't worry Moony, we'll get you two together like north and south!" James exclaimed.

"I don't get it, elaborate," Peter said.

"North and south of magnets attract each other," said Sirius.

"No please don't, Prongs. You can't even get Lily," Remus stated.

"How rude!" James made a face at him.

"I mean- that's true,"