09. Newborn Creatures

The day flew with lost of teasings from James and Sirius

The day flew with lost of teasings from James and Sirius. Luckily, Theodore hasn't found out about the 'news' yet because she wouldn't know what to say if he did.

After class, Y/N sprinted to Hagrid's hut because the baby coneys are hatching —and partly to avoid another dirty jokes from Sirius and James.

She sometimes wondered how they come up with such things and it quite terrifying.

Coneys (connies for babies) are magical creatures that came from New Guinea.

They're similar to rabbits but instead of giving birth, they lay eggs. They are very harmless but useful to some advanced potions.

Y/N learned about them from her father. To say the least, it's her favorite animal —not to mention they are very adorable, too.

A/N : yes I just made that up :o

She has a grin she never wore before. It's either because of the coneys, or it's because earlier today, she kissed Remus Lupin —that same guy that plays in her mind nonstop.

"Hagrid are they here yet?" Y/N knocked on his door excitedly. Hagrid sent her a letter about his coneys, Y/N hung out with him sometimes when she's free.

The two got along fairly well in the cause of their interest in magical creatures.

"I knew you'd come," Hagrid said while opening the door. "The connies are about to hatch. Follow me," he gestured to the back of his yard to where the animals are.

"Are we learning about these soon?" she asked while stroking a brown coney that reached and nuzzled its snout at her leg.

"Yes, next semester when the connies are a bit older —they're currently fragile" Hagrid said, throwing a blue rock to a pond.

Then there's a sound, from behind the bushes. She quickly turned to the direction and a large smile spread across her gleaming face, "Hagrid they're finally hatching!"

"Take 'em here in this basket, I'll take care of them," said he, offering her a bamboo-woven basket that was covered in white blanket.

"Can I have one?" Y/N asked him.

"I'm sure you'll take good care of them, here!" Hagrid handled her a white and brown connie to her palm.

"Thank you," said she and placed the newborn on a smaller basket.

Then she began helping Hagrid with the connies. "I better get going now, I bet my friends are waiting. See you!" Y/N ran, smiling widely with the connie in her palm.

☽♡♢♤♧☾

"Lily, do you know where Y/N is?" Remus has been looking for her since class ended, he can't seem to find her anywhere.

"There's two things why she's not here," Lily answered, "it's because she's sick of James and Sirius teasing her with you, and two, the baby coneys are hatching"

"Thank Merlin she isn't running away from me. Alright, thanks Lily," Remus sighed and gave her a quick smile before coming inside the common room.

Sirius and James came down from the boy's dorm with Peter trailing their back, "Looks like our Moony's lonely!" 

"Where's your girlfriend?" James asked him, wriggling his brows.

"She's not my girlfriend!" Remus scoffed, it feels like a match had just been lit around his skin, as for he felt sweaty and heated all of a sudden.

"YET!" Sirius shouted and plopped himself beside him, "Ask her out already. C'mon Moony you can do it!"

"I will I think, later, I don't know," Remus stammered while looking at his lap, "What if she rejects me? I don't want to ruin anything," he quietly said.

"No Moony! don't you see the way she blushes every time you're together?" James thoughtfully spoke.

"That's just- I don't know-"

"What is he speaking Prongs?" Sirius laughed as James shook his head 'I-don't-understand'

"When you came back to our dorm tonight, I want to hear you saying that she's your girlfriend," Sirius remarked.

The door swung open revealing a grinning Y/N with something that looks like a newborn bunny in her palms.

"Good luck mate!" James and Sirius patted his back and sprinted up; Peter gave Remus a small thumbs up as he walked up the stairs.

His brain was working so hard on what to say. He didn't even know how to speak for a second.