05. Nifflers and Dinners

The following week, Y/N had breakfast in the hall while catching up with Lily and Marlene's little 'talk'

The following week, Y/N had breakfast in the hall while catching up with Lily and Marlene's little 'talk'. Remus would glance at her once in a while and looks down blushing when she catches his eyes.

"Remus is head over heels for you. He kept looking at you since breakfast," Lily nudged her best friend's arm as they walked down to their first class: Care of Magical Creatures.

"Before you continue, you should look at how James looks at you everyday," Y/N stated making her auburn-haired best friend flustered.

"Oh shush! I hate him, he's an arrogant toe-rag!" she said.

"Sure, I bet you like him too," Y/N cooed, "Anyways, I'm excited what creatures we'll be learning today!"

As she said that, the Professor asked, knowing damn well she wasn't listening, "Miss Scamander, would you care to tell us what this creature is?"

Y/N look forward and her eyes are met with the cutest creatures ever. A smile spread her face as she said: "Those harmless creatures are called nifflers. They're platypus-looking and attracted to shiny things which made them wonderful for locating treasures, but that also meant that they could wreak havoc."

"You're correct! these are nifflers. Now I will let each of you pet one and analyze their morphology. Work in pairs! It will be due on Monday morning!" The professor said.

Y/N was the first to crouch down on the ground at a niffler jumped on her palms excitedly. It sniffs her sleeves and crawled up her arms. It's so cute, she thought.

Y/N felt a tap on her shoulder, turning around, she saw Remus smiling at her nervously. "Is it okay if I work on this with you?"

"Of course," she picked up the niffler and place it on her lap as she sat on a branch.

She laughed as the niffler looked up at Y/N's face curiously. Remus can't help but smile at the sight. She looks so effortlessly beautiful.

"The niffler's interested in you, Miss Scamander," the professor said while sitting down on a stone.

"Every animal love her," Lily rolled her eyes, though she was smiling too.

"That makes Remus an animal!" James winked at Sirius. On other situations, Lily would scoff at him but this time, she laughed along with James and Sirius which made James' eyes turned wide.

"You're not completely wrong," Sirius shrugged from the other side of the yard; laughing like a maniac too. He gave James an imaginary high-five as they continue snickering loudly.

Lily looked over at her two friends: they're both red in the face, avoiding each other's eyes.

"They're so cute!" Y/N expressed, ignoring what just occurred completely.

"They sure are" Remus replied, still blushing as he pets the niffler on Y/N's hands —hoping she wouldn't notice his red face.

Y/N already started to write things on her parchment while Remus is saying whatever he knows about nifflers' morphology. They were so close to each other and Remus swore he would- no.

☽♡♢♤♧☾

Later that evening, Y/N and Remus watched as James, Sirius, and the quidditch team soared into the sky. The quidditch match will be held next week and the Gryffindor team has been practicing for hours now.

They'll have a match against Hufflepuff. Y/N will cheered for both houses since her brother was the team's seeker and her friends are also a part of the Gryffindor team.

Y/N has a book opened in her lap, she would glance every now and then at the pitch.

Remus was eating his chocolate because as he said 'chocolate cure all problems' and currently, the problem is the team practice not being so well.

"I'm hungry," Y/N stated, "I'm going to the kitchens. See you later, Remus," she stood up, but she felt a hand holding hers back.

"I'm coming too!" he said, raising to his feet. They both walked down whence the kitchen was; tickling the painting of pear once they've arrived.

"Hello Miss and Mister!" an elf croaked "what can me do for you?" I, Lexi can help!"

"We're here to have some food, Lexi," Y/N nodded bashfully beside him.

With a snap of a finger, a full meal has magically appeared in thin air. "Enjoy your romantic dinner Miss-?"

"Y/N Scamander," she answered quietly.

"Okay, Miss Salamander and Mister?"

"Lupin," Remus said, trying to hold his laugh which made his voice quavered.

"Miss Salamander and Mister Gloopin, enjoy your lovely dinner!" with that, the little elf jumped happily away; her ears flopping up and down.

"Uh um let's eat," Y/N said nervously to him.

"Yeah, I'll carry this out," he picked up his and her plate and headed out of the kitchens. "Enjoy your lovely dinner Miss Salamander," Remus bowed jokingly.

Y/N let out a chuckle, "You may enjoy yours too, Mister Gloopin."