30. Into A Moment In Time

Today was the start of their NEWT tests. Everyone has been studying their whole time like their lives depend on it.

Well, they're not completely wrong. In order to get a job, witches and wizards are ought to have flying colours on their OWLs and NEWTs.

"Remus, quiz me on Transfiguration and Charms again please!" Y/N said on one Monday morning. Y/N had been re-reading her books yesternight, memorizing every incantations.

James were reading his paper in such focus; Peter looked like he was going to burn a hole in his book; Sirius was burning his paper and put the ashes in his drink, he says 'if I drink this I will memorize them all'; Lily was sending glares to anyone who made any noises — mostly Sirius.

"Y/N, my love, I'm sure you'll pass the exams amazingly. C'mon now, eat something," Remus sighed, looking at her warily.

"You haven't eaten anything either," she fussed.

"If you eat, I'll eat,"

"Fine," Y/N muttered before grabbing her breakfast.

☽♡♢♤♧☾

"How did it go?" Remus asked when the seventh years finished their Transfiguration and Charms NEWTs. The six of them were standing on the clocktower yard, Lily discussing her answers with James'.

"Great! I shouldn't have been so anxious before," she spoke; smiling widely since she's pretty sure she got almost all questions right. "How about you?"

"I forgot the incantation for turning owl to opera glass," he answered with a deep sigh.

"Strigiforma," said she.

Remus let out a frustrated sound, scrunching a handful of hair in his palm.

"I'm sure you'll get the rest of them right, I mean- you are Remus Lupin," Y/N rolled her eyes.

He grinned sheepishly and lean towards her to place his lips on her temple.

"Y/N, you promised to study with me!" Lily shouted at the entrance of the building.

"That's my cue, see you later, darling!" Y/N waved him goodbye and walked off to Lily.

☽♡♢♤♧☾

Now that the NEWTs are over, The Marauders had invited all the house to attend the Gryffindor party at 7 o'clock.

The Marauders snuck out some butterbeers and firewhiskey from Hogsmeade somehow.

"Are you sure about this? What if we got caught bringing alcohol into Hogwarts?" Remus asked nervously, he worried that Professor McGonagal would not give them their test reports if they got caught.

"Come on, wolfie. Let's have some fun! It's our last year of Hogwarts for Merlin's sake!" Sirius whined.

"Yeah, Moony. Besides, we need some fun after the exams and evil wizards clouding our head," James said ecstatically. He looked like he already got drunk before the party started.

A loud music blasted on everyone's ear. Peter was the one who played it. Then the party started. A mirrorball was magicked in the middle of the room with the help of Y/N —of course.

"Hi, Remus!" said a girl from behind him.

He turned around reluctantly to see his girlfriend smiling at him. "You look wonderful, my love."

"Why, thank you. So are you," she replied. Her eyes roamed the room and saw Sirius flirting with James. "Those two got drunk already?" Y/N asked in disbelief.

"Clearly," Remus shook his head and pulled her figure to him before some drunk blonde Slytherin did, luckily, she didn't notice it. "Let's grab some snacks," said he; pulling Y/N to the food table.

"Love, got some news for you," Y/N said while smiling at him. "My dad lent me some money- and since my parents moved to the US and Theo's in Australia, Dad decided to give our house to me!"

"That's wonderful, darling. What are you planning to do then?" asked he. Remus wanted to live with her one day- get married and live life with the love of his life.

"I don't know. I will live at our old house for- no idea how long. I'm gonna get a job because I don't want to rely on my parents' money for a living. I won't use them, I'll save them," Y/N said before adding: "You can come live with me- only if you want, no pressure or anything."

"Really? I- I'd love to, but what about my transformation? I don't want to ruin your home," he said sadly.

"Wolfsbane potions of course- and I'm an animagi," said she quietly to avoid people from eavesdropping.

"It's expensive- I can't-"

"I'll pay for it," assured Y/N with a warm smile.

"Are you sure? I'm sorry for being like this," he said, his eyes averting down at the floor.

"Hey, it's fine, it's not your fault at all,"

"You're the best," he mumbled under his breath.

Y/N smiled at him sadly and rested her head in his shoulder. "I'm not any special," she whispered.

"You are, I love you a lot."

A/N : there's only about 3 chapters left and I have another remus book (i'll start writing once i finished this one) and it will have better plot and storyline. this one is just so messy i don't like it 😭