24. The Fast Times, The Bright Lights

"Lily, let's go somewhere," Y/N groaned, moving lazily in the sofa

"That'd be fun," Lily replied. "But, how'd we get there?"

"Using a car of course," Y/N laughed, looking at Lily's expression.

"You don't know how to drive," the redhead shook her head in disbelief.

"We're witches, Lily-flower," Y/N scoffed at her.

"Underage. No magic outside school, mind you, and don't call me that."

"It's so boring here! I'll tell mum to drop us in a mall or something," with that Y/N perambulated through the hall to find her mother.

The two girls arrived at a mall downtown. The summer sun shined through the roofs of the stores, it was mostly crowded since —apparently— there was a haunted house. The pair widened their eyes and strolled over to where it was.

"Are you sure this is a great idea, Y/N?" Lily questioned the girl beside her alarmingly. There was a kid that just came out from the haunted house; their face red; and their body shook abnormally.

"Come on, Lily!" Y/N huffed. "It won't be that bad. I mean- we're witches, ghosts are the one who's supposed to be scared of us."

And so they went.

The inside was awfully dark. Fake bloods and hairs everywhere. The two friends basically squished each other's arms all the way until the end.

At some point, Lily was chased by a nurse; one of the 'fake ghosts' grabbed Y/N's arm; one of the many traumatic-looking clowns threw sweets at their direction; a girl sang to the two with the most piercing voice ever and a teddy bear in between her fingers; a carousel spinning by itself, causing squeaking noises.

"That is not a haunted house, that's one of the seven gates to hell," Y/N panted when they were out of the haunted house.

"Honestly though-," Lily chuckled while grabbing Y/N shoulder for balance.

The two decided to buy some stuff to treat themselves and at last, they entered a Japanese restaurant.

☽♡♢♤♧☾

Y/N and Lily sat on a compartment across each other, recollecting the fun times they had over summer. The Marauders came inside without knocking at all —Remus sat beside Y/N and wrapped his arms around her. "I miss you so much."

"It's only been two months, Remus," Y/N said while rolling her eyes with affection.

"I know," Remus smiled, pressing a loving kiss on her cheeks.

"I missed you too," she chuckled while the other made disgusting sounds. The couple rolled their eyes saying: "so mature"

"I don't mind you two together but all these years, it's still disgusting to me that my best mates share spits everyday," Sirius stated; sticking his tongue out and fake gagged.

"And what happened to you?" questioned Remus, eyeing Y/N's wrist —ignoring Sirius completely

"She decided that it'd be a great idea to go to a haunted house. One of the decorations fell on her when a nurse chased me," Lily pointed to Y/N's arms which have a faded bruise.

"A haunted house? That must be fun! Remind me next summer to go to one!" James said —too enthusiastically.

"We definitely should," Peter agreed unsurely, he's never the one to experience horror.

"I think you guys'll bully the ghosts in there," Lily sighed, looking over at them. Sirius and James snickered at her statement, keeping a charming smirk on their faces.