Chapter 13.

In a remote village in Romania, Haru glanced at the forest dwellings around him as he looked at a certain girl with short blond hair and red eyes, as the girl tried to ran away from the group of people or more accurate and precise description when they are described based on their appearance they are a group of vampires while asking for help.

Vampires like the Devils, Vampires are residents of darkness that have existed since ancient times. They have similar rankings and weaknesses like those of High-Class Devils. However, Devils are residents of the Underworld, while Vampires are beings that live in the darkness of the human world with their center of the population being located in Romania. They may seem similar, but their views and culture differ greatly although, like Devils, they have a long life span.

The Vampires are a race of supernatural creatures even more proud and aloof than the Devils. In fact, the discrimination between Vampires and other species is so strong that it has reached the point that Dhampirs, like Gasper and Valerie in the original story of the High School DxD, who was born from Vampire Lords and Human mothers, were treated badly even by their own family members.

Hunting humans is the true nature of a vampire for their source of food. Male vampires will use human women for their own pleasure and make them bear a child likewise for female vampires as they will also use human men for their own pleasure and bear their child.

Vampires do not get along well with other races and have a strict, pure-blooded aristocracy and are so arrogant that not even a single family has ever cared about their servants even a tenth of much as the Gremory family has cared for their servants. Also, any Vampire with a human in their parentage, whether humans-turned Vampire or are descended from one, are never allowed to become nobles and considered substandard members of the species, assuming that they're even considered Vampires in the first place.

And several hundred years ago, there was an incident that split the world of Vampires, where the Vampires argued between choosing a female true ancestor and a male true ancestor in order to retain the purity of pure-blooded Vampires.

This incident eventually gave birth to the Tepes Faction, a male-dominated Vampire faction and the Carmilla Faction, a female-dominated Vampire faction. Both factions became at war with each other until the Tepes Faction finally got hold of a Longinus possessor-- and that person is Valerie Tepes.

Valerie Tepes is a Dhampir, former Head of the Tepes Royal Family, and the former queen of the Tepes Faction, a Male-dominated Vampire faction. She is the only daughter and child of the 4th King of Tepes and his human lover and the younger half-sister of the eldest son as well as Marius Tepes. She is Gasper Vladi's childhood friend and possessor of the Longinus: Sephiroth Graal.

Due to her overusing her Longinus, Valerie is shown to be broken in both heart and soul. In spite of this, she can still show some emotions like happiness. After she received a piece of the original Holy Grail, Valerie has begun to recover from the side effects. This is evident in how she shows more energy in interacting with others.

Of course this is only in the original book of High School DxD, but now that Haru is here the story will be different from the original panel of the story.

After parting ways with Akeno a year ago, Haru already planned this from the very start. Even though he said that he don't want to change the story so much, this time around is different as he want to save and change the tragic background story of Valerie Tepes.

But this is not the only reason, it is hard to admit but one of the most favorite fictional character he liked and pitied in High School DxD is Valerie Tepes. To the point that even in this world that feeling didn't disappeared which resulted him being here right now, trying to change the fate of the fictional character he liked and pitied.

[(Author's POV: He's not obsessed to that girl, he just want to change its fate in the original book of High School DxD.)]

Haru's POV:

"Hmm~ looks like my timing is good. Now that it come to this, I guess I should move now huh?"

Smirk*

I muttered to myself as a slight smirked make it through my face.

-------------

"There she is over there!"

"Damn! Quick! Catch Her!"

"Don't let her get away! If Marius-Sama accidentally notice that we let her get away we will take a huge price of punishment!"

"For now attack her! But don't kill her if she dies here we're dead!"

The girl who was so desperately running from the group of Vampires is already at her limit, if this continue-- she will collapse.

"Crap!"

Argh*

With a curse, Valerie rolled far away on the grass before stopping as she started screaming in agony for the pain she suddenly felt at her right legs.

"Argh*.... Not good! I have to get away from here before they can catch up on me!"

There was a pain expression on her face as she forced herself to move but to no vail, no matter what she do her legs won't listen to her at all. As a result the group of Vampires already catched up on her.

"Are you ready to give up now... Valarie-Sama?"

A person said that looks like the leader of the group of Vampires.

"W-why?!.... Why all of you doing this? Is there something that I do wrong?! I just helped my childhood friend to be freed from you guys, so what's wrong about that!?"

Valarie desperately said despite the injuries she currently enduring.

"Why? Well, you are responsible for letting that boy freed in our territory, so its only natural that you have to take responsible for that reckless actions you made. Furthermore, that boy Gasper Vladi is a possessor of one of the most powerful Longinus in the world like you. But because of you that boy has been freed!"

Confused on what they're saying is about Longinus or something, Valerie just tilted her head in responsed.

Knowing that, the person who looks like the leader of Vampires commanded two of his underling to grab Valerie but when they're hands was about to reach Valarie an unknown change of event happens.

[(Author's POV: Thanks for reading, hope you all enjoyed it.)]