Ministry Mania Pt 3

The next morning Draco had woken up to the smell of fresh coffee and a certain bookworm lightly tapping his shoulder.
  "I didn't know how you took it. So I just put cream and..." Hermione said as she handed him a mug.
  "Two sugars?" Draco finished for her. Hermione nodded. That was exactly how he liked it. Odd.
  He could see that she was already dressed and ready for the day, her hair done up in a loose bun and her light makeup barely visible.
  "How long until we have to leave?" Draco sat up and asked.
  "About 30 minutes." Hermione said as she grabbed a copy of the Daily Prophet to browse through.
  "I suppose I should be getting ready then." Draco said and left.
-
  Soon enough, the pair arrived at the ministry. Unlike Hermione's usually entrance, where she was greeted with smiles and "good mornings", she and Draco were greeted with stares and whispers. It wasn't until they got up to her office, where Dean was already waiting, that she heard a...
  "Hello!" Dean said with a smile.
  "Morning Dean." Hermione replied.
  "Malfoy? What brings you in?" Dean asked. Hermione sensed Draco's general uncomfort at the situation so she answered for him.
  "He was attacked last night, we are keeping it quiet for now, I don't want this group getting any more publicity than they already are. But he's agreed to help us put a stop to it." Hermione explained as she walked to her desk and sat down. Dean nodded along.
  "Are you okay mate?" Dean asked him. Draco shrugged.
  "Could've been worse if Granger hadn't been around." He said. Dean tilted his head in agreement.
  "So what's our course of action now?" Dean asked.
  "Well, I've been thinking... maybe I should attend the meeting tonight. Under poly juice of course, but I want to see who's going and how these things are running for myself." Hermione said. Almost immediately Draco shot her a look of worry and disdain.
"No way!" Draco said. Dean raised his eyebrows.
"Why not? It can't be too dangerous for me, I'm the opposite of what they're targeting." Hermione said. Draco shook his head.
"It's still filled with possibly dangerous people! We don't know who attends these things or who's leading it." Draco defended his point.
"I'm going. It's decided." Hermione said.
"Then so am I." Draco said and crossed his arms.
"You've got to be joking Draco they would jump at the chance to hurt you." Hermione said. Draco shrugged.
"Don't care much as long as I know you're safe." Draco said, he had not realized what he'd said until the words had already escaped from his mouth. Dean's jaw nearly dropped.
"Didn't know you two were so close." Dean said. Hermione and Draco both blushed.
"We're not." They said in unison.
Dean laughed.
"Ok well you will both go, seeing as you're both stubborn pricks I'm sure you'd never agree to it any differently. I'll get the poly juice potion arranged for tonight. You two figure out your alternate identities." Dean explained and then continued to walk out of Hermione's office.
"You two seem friendly." Draco said after he has left. Hermione rolled her eyes.
"We work together Draco of course we are friends." She explained. Draco eyed her suspiciously.
"Nothing more?" Draco asked. Hermione nearly laughed.
"I happen to be very single and Dean happens to have an extremely loving husband." Hermione said. Draco let out an internal sigh of relief. Maybe he had a chance after all.
"Besides, why does it matter to you anyway?" Hermione asked almost as if she already knew the answer and just wanted to hear it said out loud.
"Just curious." Draco decided he couldn't let his attraction to her slip just yet. They'd only really been seeing each other for 12 hours, a most of which Draco had been unconscious for.
"Hmm." Hermione said and returned to her work.
-
A few hours later Dean returned with the poly juice potions and Hermione and Draco has their identities arranged.
Hermione would go as Penelope Clearwater and Draco would go as Percy Weasley. A married couple who wouldn't be a complete and total shock to see at these meetings, but enough to stir up just the right amount of attention and commotion. Percy had double crossed the Weasley family before and Hermione felt this could be a way to gain information from others at the meeting.
Draco and Hermione added the hairs into the mix and took quick swigs of the potion.
"God mine tastes like ginger and straight parchment." Draco groaned.
Soon enough, they were apparating to the Hogs Head, the spot of this meeting.