Midnight

It was midnight. Hermione sat on her makeshift mattress made of pillows and blankets. Harry and Ron lay fast asleep across the room just like the rest of the Weasley household. She, like Harry, was staying at the burrow for a two weeks as a summer vacation. Last month had been two years since the battle of Hogwarts and everyone felt as though they needed a break from work, and to spend time with each other.
So Hermione sat there watching raindrops slowly trickle down the window as moonlight illuminated her face. The sound of rain usually lulled her to sleep but tonight, it wasn't working. She couldn't get a certain someone out of her mind and it had made her restless for many nights.
Her mind flashed back to last week at the ministry...
"Good morning Granger. I hear you're taking a holiday for the next two weeks. Where to?" Draco prodded.
"Yes that's right. I'm taking a much needed break and going to visit the Weasleys." Hermione explained as she stopped at Draco's office, which happened to be on the way to hers.
"Ah, to visit your boyfriend Ron I suppose?" Draco suggested. Hermione rolled her eyes.
"Oh please Draco, I've told you before. Ron and I dated for about two months, two years ago! That's it, then we realized we were better off as friends." Hermione explained.
"Mhmm." Draco said.
"Why do you care anyway?" Hermione asked.
"Well... we're friends aren't we?" Draco said. For some reason, this felt like a stab at Hermione's heart.
"Oh... well yes." Hermione said.
"Then, I'm just checking up on you Granger." Draco said. Hermione smiled.
When they were both young, Hermione had hated when he called her that. It was like he didn't even care enough to learn her first name. But now, the nickname had grown on her and made her heart flutter a bit every time she heard him say it.
"Well, I've got a meeting with Kingsley in five minutes, so I best be off." Hermione said.
"Ok. Meet for lunch at 11:45?" Draco asked. Hermione made her face stern.
"No." She said. Draco looked hurt.
"I'm only joking. See you then!" Hermione said and rushed off.
Flash forward to now, she hadn't seen Draco since lunch that day and the loss of his presence had made Hermione realize. She had feelings for him, and very strong feelings at that. This time off was meant to be a relaxing get away, but all she could do was think about when she could get back to work so she could see Draco.
God, what was wrong with her? She hasn't told anyone yet of course. But her heart was tearing itself apart longing to see him.
  Suddenly she heard a small thump on the window... then again. Was it starting to hail? She thought to herself.
  The noise came again and this time she saw a small pebble hit the window. Hermione opened the window in confusion, maybe it was the gnomes...
  But what she saw had her far more surprised than gnomes throwing pebbles. There, two stories down was a man under an umbrella, throwing pebbles at her window. Not just any man, Draco Malfoy.
  "Draco!? What are you doing here?" Hermione asked relatively quietly as to not wake Harry and Ron. Although she wasn't too worried about that as they slept through anything and everything.
  "I had to see you." Draco confessed. Hermione blushed wildly.
  "How did you know this was my room?" Hermione asked.
  "I didn't. I accidentally woke up George first, but I hid so he didn't know it was me." Draco said. Hermione laughed.
  "Let me come down there so I can see you." Hermione said. She ran down the stairs as quietly as possible and ran outside, not even caring to grab an umbrella. The rain had turned into a light sprinkle.
  "This is very random, I must say." Hermione said as she walked on the soft and Dewey grass toward Draco. He laughed.
  "Is it?" Draco said.
  "What do you mean? Yes it's random, it's midnight!" Hermione said.
  "Hermione... I have to admit, I've come here to tell you a something." Draco said. Hermione crossed her arms.
  "What?" Hermione asked.
  "I've come here to tell you that... I can't sleep. I can't sleep at night because I'm thinking about you. I imagine what you're doing and ask myself, is she thinking about me? Hermione, I think I'm in love with you." Draco sighed.
  Hermione was silent for a minute.
  "The answer is yes." She said.
  "Sorry?" Draco was confused.
  "Yes, she is, I am thinking about you, all the time actually." Hermione confessed. Draco smiled.
  "I'd hoped you say so." He replied. The rain started to pick back up again.
  "And... I think I love you too." Hermione said.
  Draco was so ecstatic he couldn't contain himself any longer. He dropped the umbrella and swooped his hands under her hair and on to her neck as he went in for a kiss. They both got soaked from the rain as they stood there kissing but neither of them cared. They finally had each other.