Battle

A/N: pretend Hermione and Ron never kissed in the chamber of secrets.
Battle of Hogwarts:
Harry jumped out of Hagrid's arms and pulled out his wand, everyone cheered with surprise.
He shot spells at Voldemort and soon enough everyone was battling again as Harry ran and Voldemort followed. The death eaters were relentlessly shooting spells and the order was blocking them. Draco was still on the death eaters side but wouldn't hit anyone. He was behind his father and Bellatrix, his mother had just apparated home, sick of the fighting, knowing what the Dark lord would do because she had said Potter was dead.
So Draco stood behind his dad who was aggressively shooting at Arthur Weasley. He stared over at Hermione, who was fighting gracefully. He desperately wanted to help her but he just didn't know how.
They had begun secretly dating in fourth year, broke up during fifth year, then got back together over the summer before sixth. They had been sneaking around ever since and Draco hadn't seen her since she left to go find horcruxes with Harry and Ron.
Now he regretted, more than ever, not telling her how much he loved her.
  He wasn't paying attention to anything going on around him, just Hermione.
He thought of all their memories together, he would do anything for her. So he made a decision, he stepped out from behind his dad and walked over to stand by Hermione. Barely anyone noticed because of all the chaos going on, but his father did.
Draco took Hermione's hand and squeezed it, she stopped casting spells and looked at him lovingly and proudly. Just as Draco was saying "I love you." He heard the words "Sectumsempra." come out of his fathers mouth. He looked up just in time to see the wand aimed at Hermione and dove in front of her before it was too late. Draco collapsed on the floor in front of Hermione, blood began to spew from his body and his eyes slowly closed. Hermione screamed.
"No!" Hermione said and crumpled down next to Draco. Ron heard all of the fuss and was coming over to her now. The death eaters had begun leaving as they could see they were losing by a landslide, only a few remained.
"Draco." Hermione cried as a pool of blood began surrounding them.
"Help! Someone help! Please..." She whispered. Ron didn't understand why she cared so much about Malfoy in this moment but he ran to go get his dad. In just a minute Ron was back with Arthur.
"He's been hit with sectumsempra dad." Ron explained. Arthur knew the cure spell. He began to whisper it over Draco's body.
It was working! Hermione tightly held Draco's hand.
Arthur finished and Draco opened his eyes, his body still ached and felt like he had broken bones but there was no more blood.
"Hermione." He mumbled, his head had been hit hard when he fell and was pounding.
"Draco." Hermione said and gently pulled him up so he was sitting up. She tried as softly as possible to hug him and not to hurt his wounds. He smiled into her shoulder at the public display of affection. He felt Hermione's tears go down his shoulder. She pulled away.
"I thought I lost you." Hermione said.
"You can't get rid of me that easy Granger." Draco said with a smirk, Hermione giggled. Suddenly, Draco went in and kissed her, in front of everyone and all. Everyone was astounded except Luna who just had a small smile, she had known all along of course.

Inspired by an idea from: @Christinaloftx