Stood Up

A/N: I wrote a story like this about Sebastian and Rachel from Glee a long time a go. I thought I'd try a Dramione spin on it.

*a few years after the war*
Hermione sits alone in a booth at a restaurant. The server has come around many times now asking if she's ready to order. But Hermione says no, she's waiting for Ron, her long-time boyfriend. He's nowhere to be seen.
After thirty more minutes Hermione is almost about to cry. This is the third date in a row Ron'a skipped out on. Did he know how humiliating this was?
The waiter came back.
"M'am I'm sorry but you have to order something or it's considered loitering." The waiter said. Hermione was about to get up and leave. Suddenly Draco Malfoy, who she hadn't know was sitting at the bar the entire time, slid in to the booth across from her.
Hermione looked shocked and concerned, she hadn't spoken with Draco in years.
"Hey honey, sorry I'm late." Malfoy said, grasping Hermione's hand from across the table. Her eyes widened further.
"Can I take your orders?" The waiter smiled.
Hermione gave her order.
"I'll have what she's having." Draco said smirking.
The waiter walked away and Hermione pulled her hand from Draco's. He frowned.
"What is this all about?" Hermione asked, skeptical.
"Weasel hasn't shown up for awhile now has he?" Draco said. Hermione nodded, her eyes filling with tears. Ron really didn't love her anymore and she knew it, of course she did, she was the smartest witch on the planet.
"No, he hasn't. This is the third time." Hermione said bitterly, choking back her tears.
"Granger why are you wasting your time on him? He doesn't deserve it. You most certainly deserve someone better." Draco said. Hermione sighed.
  "I guess you're right... But why are you being so nice to me?" Hermione, still skeptic, asked.
  "I was childish before. I'm sorry for being horrible to you but, I can assure you, I have evolved." Draco said.
  "Thanks for the advice Draco. I think I'll have a serious chat with Ronald when I get home. If he's even there that is..." Hermione said. Draco smiled at her.
  "But I really won't waste the rest of your night. You should go back home." Hermione felt guilty for wasting his time.
  "Granger? We already ordered the food... now I hope you don't mind but I would like to eat." Draco said.
  "Oh, well I just assumed that..." Hermione started.
  "Assumed what? That I wouldn't want to spend dinner with the most intelligently beautiful witch in the world?" Draco said raising his eyebrows and smirking. Hermione blushed wildly, he couldn't really mean that. She was lost for words.
  "I— thanks." She muttered. Draco winked.
  The food arrived and they dug in.
———
  After dinner, Draco gave Hermione his cell number (Blaise has taught him how to use one) so that she could calm him to rant or if she ever wanted to do dinner again. Hermione was actually glad Ron hadn't showed up. Draco was right, she deserved someone better.