Draco's Day

Draco woke up slowly and rolled around in his bed. He turned to look at his alarm clock, 7:00 am. Time to get up, it was a school day after all.
  He got up, brushed his teeth, got dressed, did his hair, and was ready to start the day. He looked at his calendar, today was June 5th. He smiled slightly, he would be expecting a package from mother at some point today.
  Draco smirked as he exited the dorms.
  "Morning." Theo said to him as he walked through the common room. Draco nodded as a reply. Pansy and Goyle paid no attention.
  Draco continued walking through the school and over to the Great Hall for breakfast. He sat down next to Blaise who was hurriedly finishing an essay for Potions.
  "Quick Draco, What heals splinches caused by apparition?" Blaise asked as he fidgeted with his quill.
  "Uh... essence of Dittany?" Draco replied, not completely sure of his answer.
  "Ahh." Blaise said and continued to write at a rapid pace. Draco ate in silence as Blaise worked on his essay. Draco frowned to himself.
  So far no one had acknowledged what today was. Not even his friends.
  He finished eating and told Blaise goodbye. He stared across to the Gryffindor table where Potter, Weasel, And Granger we're all chatting. He couldn't imagine what it was like to have an intelligent conversation with a group of friends, most of his were dimwits. He knew Granger would understand this pain.
  Draco kept walking and went to charms class.
  During class Pansy turned to him and asked,
"Hey what's the date?"
  "June 5th." Draco said happily.
  "Ok thanks." Pansy replied and wrote it on her paper. Draco felt his heart sink. Did no one remember?
  He went through the entire day without one person saying anything about the day to him. He hadn't even gotten a gift, or letter from his parents. At dinner no one even acknowledged him.
  It was now late at night and Draco was wandering around the halls, he needed to return a book to the library.
  He walked in and gave the book to Madam Pince. No one else was there.
  "Mr.Malfoy?" Madam Pince asked. Draco raised his eyebrows.
  "Would you go tell Ms. Granger that I need her to leave, the library is closing for the night." Madam Pince asked. Draco turned around to see Granger huddled in a corner with piles of books and paper all over the place.
  "Sure." Draco replied and went over to Hermione.
  He cleared his throat. She didn't even look up.
  "Granger." He said. She looked up at him.
  "Yes?" Hermione asked. Her hair was all frizzy from thinking so hard. Draco liked her natural hair better.
  "Madam Pince wants you to clear out." He said. Hermione shut her books and began stacking them, she piled the papers. But as she got up from her chair, spilt the ink all over her jumper.
  "Aghhh." Hermione let out frustratedly. Draco raised his eyebrows at her. She whipped out her wand.
  "Scourgify." Hermione whispered. The liquid cleared up. Hermione went to pick up all of her books but could not lift them all at once.
  "Need help carrying those Granger?" Draco asked. Hermione eyed him wearily.
  "I can just levitate them." Hermione replied. But Draco has already picked up 3/4 of her stack and was walking. She followed him out of the library. They walked to the Gryffindor common room in silence.
  When they got there Hermione took the books and put them in one big stack and began to levitate them.
  "Thank you." She said.
  "No problem, I was bored anyway." Draco said.
  "Happy Birthday by the way." Hermione said. Draco smiled widely. She was the only one all day who had remembered today was his Birthday.
  "Thanks Granger." Draco smiled.
  "Goodnight Malfoy." Hermione smiled back and walked into her common room, the books following suit.
  Draco smiled at her as she walked away.