Stuck

"God he's frustrating." Hermione rolled her eyes as she, Ron, and Harry walked down the corridor, leaving the great hall after lunch.
  Hermione was talking about Draco Malfoy of course. He was being his slimy ferret self, per usual, but recently he started getting under Hermione's skin more and more. She used to just be able to ignore him but now... she just couldn't stop thinking about anything he pulled on her. She didn't know why, but it was most likely because it seemed that Draco had bothered her more often then before... almost like he couldn't go a day without taking a jab at Hermione.
  "Yep." Harry said.
  "Mhmm." Ron agreed.
  "Why can't he just leave me alone for a day?" Hermione said.
  "Not sure." Harry said.
  "Couldn't tell you." Ron replied.
  "It's not that hard! I mean- we do have like five classes together... but that's besides the point!" Hermione said.
  "Hey Hermione?" Ron asked.
  "Could we maybe talk about something different?" Ron continued.
  "Yeah, that's fine. I thought you guys loved to chat about our hatred for Malfoy." Hermione said. Ron and Harry glanced at each other.
  "Yeah we do. It's just... you talk about him kind of a lot." Harry said.
  "What?" Hermione asked.
  "It's like you're obsessed with him." Ron said, Harry elbowed him.
  "Ow." Ron said and rubbed his side.
  Hermione had grown increasingly red.
  "I'm not obsessed!" Hermione said.
  "Sure Mione." Ron said.
  Harry glanced at the time.
  "We've got one minute until divination starts, let's go Ron." Harry said.
  "See you later Mione." Ron said as he and Harry ran off to the Divination tower.
  Hermione stood there dumbfounded. She was not obsessed with Draco Malfoy, she thought angrily.
  Usually Hermione would have Ancient Runes at this point in the day but Professor Bathsheda Babbling had decided to give them a free period to study for the exam they were having in two days. Hermione decided she was going to use this time to go to the library since Harry and Ron wouldn't be there to bother her about studying too much.
-
  As Hermione made her way toward the library she looked out into the courtyard and noticed the gloomy overcast. It would most likely rain soon. She stuck her hand out the window to see if it had already started. A few droplets of water fell from the sky and into her palm. She withdrew her arm and wiped her hand on her robes. As she was looking down someone came up behind her but she didn't notice.
  "Afternoon Granger." They said.
  Hermione jumped from being startled and turned around.
  "Malfoy." She said when she saw the pathetic git standing before her, rather close actually.
  "What are you up to? Doing Potty and Weasel's schoolwork for them?" Draco asked. Hermione glared at him.
  "No.... I finished that yesterday." Hermione mumbled the last part. Draco laughed.
  "Right, because they're too thick to understand even the alphabet." Draco laughed.
  Hermione shoved his shoulder.
  "Don't make fun of them, they're my friends." Hermione said.
  "I think you need to brush up on your dictionary reading Granger. Potty and Weasel wouldn't quite fit under the definition of friend." Draco said. Hermione raised her eyebrows.
  "What and you would?" She asked. Draco glared.
  "Whatever Granger." He said. Hermione smiled to herself at the fact that he couldn't come up with a comeback that time.
  Hermione started to walk away but Draco followed.
  "Why are you following me?" Hermione asked.
  "Just wanted to know where you were going." Draco said.
  "The library." Hermione said.
  "Boo, that's boring." Draco said.
  "No. It's smart. I'm actually going to study unlike you." Hermione said.
  "I don't need to study. I'll still ace the exam." Draco said. Hermione rolled her eyes.
  "How about you go somewhere different today? You go to the library all the time. I'm sure you've read everything in there at least twice." Draco said.
  "Three times actually. But where else would you suggest?" Hermione asked. Draco looked around to see if there was anywhere they could go. He spotted a door at the end of the corridor he'd never noticed before.
  "There." Draco pointed to the door.
  "What's in there?" Hermione asked.
  "I don't know. Let's find out." Draco said and started walking toward it. Hermione reluctantly followed him.
Once he reached the door he pulled on the handles and opened them up to a small room, slightly smaller then a classroom, with some shelves full of books and a sofa.
"Are you kidding me? Another library?" Draco sighed.
"I've never known about this before! Great idea to come check this out Draco." Hermione said. She walked in and started scanning the shelves. Draco contemplated leaving but he had nothing better to do so he just draped himself across the sofa.
The doors shut by themselves. Hermione's face shined with wonder and excitement at all these new books. Draco looked at her like she was crazy.
"There's so many books in here I've never seen before. Almost like this is another restricted section of sorts." Hermione said.
"Mhmm, that's nice." Draco said as he closed his eyes and tried to take a nap. Hermione scanned the shelves for a few minutes longer while Draco watched her out of the corner of his eye.
Then she found a book she was interested in, about Ancient Runes, which was exactly what they were supposed to be studying. She pulled the book out and- POOF. The shelves and books disappeared.
"What?" Hermione was confused. The room was now just empty walls and a sofa.
"Where'd everything go?" Hermione asked.
"Erm... I don't know." Draco said, trying not to sound scared. Where were they?
Suddenly a loud noise shook the room and Hermione and Draco jumped in fear. Hermione pushes Draco's legs off the right side of the sofa and sat next to him.
"What was that?" Draco asked.
"I- I don't know." Hermione said. The room shook again.
"Ah!" Draco said and grasped Hermione's arm by instinct. Hermione looked at him funny and he let go.
"What is going on?" Hermione said and got up to investigate. She pulled on the door handles but it wouldn't budge.
  "It's locked!" Hermione said. She took out her wand.
  "Alohamora." She mumbled, then attempted to open the doors again. Nothing.
  "Great. We're trapped in here." Draco said.
  "Reducto!" Hermione shouted but the spell just bounced straight off the door and hit the sofa Draco was sitting on, he went flying backwards. Hermione gasped and covered her mouth. She rushed over to him.
  "Sorry." She said as she grabbed Draco's hand and pulled him up off the floor.
  "Ow." Draco said, rubbing the back of his head.
"Are you alright?" Hermione asked. She was genuinely concerned, which seemed out of the ordinary to Draco, so he was caught slightly off guard.
"Uh, yeah. It's fine." He said. He couldn't stop staring at Hermione.
"Well it looks like we're not getting out of here anytime soon." Hermione said and say down on the sofa next to Draco.
"What is this place?" Draco asked.
"I don't know. I've never seen anything like it before." Hermione said.
-
  After sitting and talking about classes for awhile Hermione realized it was getting really chilly.
  "Is it cold in here to you?" Hermione asked.
  "I guess." Draco said. Hermione pulled her robes tighter around herself. For some odd reason, Draco had the instinct to take off his robes and give it to Hermione to wear. But he scolded himself for this idea. Was he forgetting who she was? A mudblood. Although Draco hated using that word, he knew he had to or else he would be severely punished by his father. But he hated how much it hurt Hermione when he used it on her. Why did he care so much? It didn't even make any sense to him. But for some reason, he could never stop thinking about her.
  Hermione then pulled something out of her pocket.
  "What is that?" Draco asked.
  "My essay for potions." Hermione said.
  "You just carry that around with you?" Draco laughed. Hermione's face reddened.
  "Yes." She mumbled.
  "What are you doing with it? I'm sure you're already done." Draco said.
  "Yes. I'm going to proofread it again." Hermione said. Draco chuckled at her.
-
  More time passed and Draco was really feeling the cold temperature now. Good thing he was used to it because the Slytherin common room was always cold. But not like this, it felt almost freezing.
  He could tell Hermione was feeling it worse than him. She was cuddled up in a ball next to him and her face and ears were bright red. She had already read over the potions essay six times and was now braiding a section of her hair out of boredom. He watched her do this and felt an odd urge to start braiding her hair as well. He wondered how soft it would feel to run his fingers though her curly, golden-brown hair.
  "Draco?" Hermione asked, interrupting his thoughts.
  "Hmm?" He responded.
  "How long do you think we've been in here?" Hermione asked. He didn't have his pocket watch on him.
  "I don't know. Two to three hours?" Draco estimated.
  "I've missed classes now!" Hermione sighed. Her eyes began to water.
  "You don't need to cry over missing classes Granger." Draco poked fun.
  "I'm not. It's just... when do you think we'll get out of here? It's getting colder by the minute and the door is still sealed shut. No one even knows where we went. We have no way of telling how much time has passed and-" Hermione rambled on, growing increasingly frustrated. Draco leaned closer and put his hand on her shoulder.
  "Hermione, it'll be fine." Draco said. He didn't know if he believed it. She took a deep breath and nodded.
  "I just wish it wasn't so freezing in here." Hermione said. Then it hit him. A hot-air charm!
  "Here." Draco pulled out his wand at pointed it at Hermione. Nothing happened.
  "What?" Draco trued it again.
  "My wand isn't working. Try yours." Draco said. Hermione tried to use her wand, nothing happened.
  "Great now magic is useless as well." Draco said. Hermione sighed.
-
  Another hour passed. Draco's face was bright pink and Hermione's fingers were turning purple. It was definitely below freezing at this point.
  "I don't know how much more I can t-take of th-this." Hermione shivered.
  "Me either." Draco was huddled up in the corner of the couch.
  "Draco?" Hermione asked.
  "Yes?" He replied.
  "I'm not trying to be weird- but would you mind huddling together for warmth? In any survival story in the cold, people always get together to share body heat." Hermione explained. Draco sighed.
  "If it'll help, then sure." Draco responded. Hermione inched closer to him and Draco awkwardly put his arms around her. After a minute, it kind of started to work. He was feeling warmer already, maybe because of his close proximity to Hermione or maybe because his heart was beating at a million miles per hour now.
  "Th-thank y-you." Hermione said.
After awhile, both Hermione and Draco fell asleep cuddled up next to each other.
-
  Draco woke up with a ringing in his ears. He opened his eyes to see that his hands had started turning purple. He looked at Hermione who was laying, kind of on top of him now. Her face was purple and red. She was still asleep.
  This was it, they needed to find a way out of here.
  "Hermione wake up." Draco said. She didn't budge. He lightly pushed her shoulder. She didn't move.
  "Hermione." Draco said, almost shouted. Nothing.
  No no no no no, Draco thought. She couldn't have died could she? It was extremely freezing.
  He put his hand across her face to feel her temperature. Her face was as cold as ice. Draco got up off the sofa and carefully laid Hermione across it.
  "What am I gonna do???" Draco mumbled to himself. He tried the first thing that came to his head and hugged Hermione as tightly as he possibly could. It didn't do anything because he was growing to be just as cold.
  Then he tried to use Hermione's cold hands and rub them together to create heat. It worked a little bit but not enough, she was still passed out cold.
  There was only one thing left, but it would probably mean Draco would freeze. Whatever, it didn't matter to him. Hermione's life was more important and she was a better person than he could ever be. So he took off his robe and wrapped it around her.
  Suddenly Hermione woke up with a gasp and sputtered some coughs. Draco almost cried, thank god she was alive. He grasped her hand.
  "Hermione?" He asked.
  "Draco?" She responded, still sounding groggy.
  "I'm sorry." Draco said.
  "For what?" Hermione asked.
  "For everything." Draco said. Hermione smiled. They both knew what he meant. Hermione sat up and wrapped her arms around Draco who was knelt down toward her. He accepted and lifted her up off the couch as they embraced.
  A loud noise occurred and the room shook again. Hermione, still in her fragile frozen state almost fell over but Draco caught her before she fell.
  They turned around to see the door behind them was open. They both gasped and ran out as quickly as possible. As soon as they reached the corridor, the door shut behind them and disappeared.
  "That- was the weirdest room I've ever seen." Hermione said.
  "Agreed. Now let's get you to the hospital wing." Draco said and took Hermione's hand. She smiled as they walked toward the hospital wing hand in hand, Hermione still wearing Draco's Slytherin robes.
Little did they know that had been the room of requirement, and what they required, more than ever, had been each other.