2

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

     CAMILO HAS NEVER been more elated to enter the library. not only was his own mother surprised, but even his grandmother was astonished by his sudden interest in the bibliotheca.

     curious, mirabel was sent to spy on the shapeshifter, to which she too had recognized the cerulean notebook from afar.

mirabel wouldn't say that she was best friends with the owner of the journal (yet), but the two did converse enough — especially over books — for them to refer to each other as friends.

in fact, mirabel had encouraged felicia to pull such a stunt, believing that perhaps the girl could truly gain a new confidant, and if not, they could resort to her way of making friends — which is actually talking to people face-to-face.

after all, the diaz family had only recently moved into encanto, during the rebuilding of casita. usually a welcoming party would been held, but since everybody was occupied with helping out the madrigals, it was easily looked over — not that the diaz family minded.

     though it did make it harder for felicia to make friends, as she was a bit on the shyer side.

     mirabel had then debated to herself, asking her conscience if she should allow her slightly reserved but kind companion to befriend her family's jokester. 

     'well, it can't be that bad. this could turn out to be more interesting than tío bruno's rat telenovelas', mirabel shrugged, as she headed back towards the madrigal house to go falsely report what she saw.

     as camilo was left alone with the exception of señora gloria and a few other stragglers in the library, he was pleasantly satisfied in finding that there was new writing in the journal.

     'dear camaleón,

     it seems that I've truly underestimated your abilities. apologies; allow me to redeem myself by giving you your very well deserved dare'.

camilo playfully gasped in an offended manner, as he could not believe the sass that was conveyed through the paragraph.

     "this dare better be worthy of my time", camilo softly grumbled.

     'for your dare, you are to write down the meaning of friendship on the opposite page of this sheet'.

the fifteen year-old shapeshifter was almost aghast at how simple this request was. but nonetheless, he complied.