17

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

     BEING MATURE WASN'T necessarily difficult for camilo, but it certainly didn't come as naturally as being silly.

felicia on the other hand, was perplexed by the madrigal's odd behavior. half of her couldn't decipher whether this was just a part of camilo's ploy, or if camilo was just experiencing a rough day.

     regardless, the madrigal had refused to make any jokes and disregarded his original idea of taking felicia into the river.

"camilo, is...everything alright?", felicia hesitantly questioned, for she didn't wish to offend him and scare him off like she did last time.

     "hm? ah, yes I'm alright. why do you ask? is something not to your liking?", camilo politely questioned.

"no, no!! everything's all and well. it's just that...well, I feel like you've taken on a more serious persona. are you perhaps rehearsing for a play or something...?", felicia asked.

'yeah, rehearsing on how to woo you', camilo sarcastically answered in his head.

"no, wh—"

"camilo!! a deer!!", felicia suddenly gasped, harshly tugging on the boy's ruana in excitement, as she pointed at the elegant creature taking a sip of the waters from across the river.

     clearly the girl's thoughts were a little sporadic.

"yeah...", camilo unsurely reacted, trying to act unfazed.

"should I try to approach it?", the sixteen year-old smiled, to which before camilo could even say, "I don't really think that's a good idea...", the girl had already slipped off her sandals and dipped her feet into the cooling waters.

ignoring the slimy feeling of algae plastered all over the rocks below her, felicia carefully treaded across the river, thankful that camilo had asked her to dress in a shorter skirt.

camilo simply watched with amusement, as the diaz was inching closer and closer to the innocent deer.

however, one particular rock must've decided to be a bitch today, because it had caused felicia to slip and fall onto her bum, creating an ungraceful splash.

camilo hurried upwards, hurling his sandals and ruana across the grass without much thought, as he arrived beside a startled felicia.